more weekend work

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Another quiet weekend sees me in the workshop fiddling

P1010030_zpsad2564e9.jpg

have another 5 items on my to make list almost done

first is a canvas storage pouch with antler toggle - just needs waxing up which I'll try and get done next weekend

finally found a suitable piece of antler (thanks to Angst) for my bow drill socket

finished a small pocket handline, added an antler toggle for a small leather pouch I use to carry my beverage packets and added to a recent antler handled firesteel

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Some nice looking pieces there Corso. You have some very good skills. I also at the weekend inserted a knife sharpening steel into some deer antler. It's a lot easier to grip now as the wooden handle that came with it was way too small. It's good to change things and put your own touch on it.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
So from squinting and thinking hard
modified gas mask bag to carry the various gubbins. YEP
pocket sheath for a knife-Sodbuster perhaps? YEP
little repair kit and trench lighter in pocket sheath, 1/2 point - trench lighter and brass LED torch
zippo NOPE pouch fits a SILVA 27 perfectly :)
fixed blade unsure of the sort - MLKnives Kephart - my 1st love :)
modded waterbottle carrier with compass pouch? YEP + a few more bits - will update shortly....
old hickory plus spark stick YEP
did i guess right?

I'll give to 8/10 :D

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
realy? mine works like a charm - bought another to store as they are not always easy to find - needed a bit of a tinker to get it running smooth and theres a knack to changing the internals - added a bit more material to sock up more of the fluid - has a shelf lfe of about 3 months - not as long as the brass spy capsule on my keys but thats my backups backup :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
the spring is rather strong - I was tempted to trim it a bit but in the end just used a slightly smaller flint

thought it would be worth a further update...

P1010028_zps38ef1196.jpg

contents of the canteen pouch which I knocked up out of a M56 canteen pouch and a couple of surplus pouches and a strap from a rather beat up finnish GM bag

all the contents fits rather snugly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE