More Snow Pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Don't mind me. Just learning how to download and upload photos so I don't need to ask my kids all the time. For some of us - computers just don't come easy.

Our driveway:

SnowonOurRoad004.jpg

Our road just after the plow went by:

SnowonOurRoad002.jpg

Wing and Bob getting a toboggan ride:

sled008.jpg

PG

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Brilliant pictures Pierre thanks for showing us.. :approve::D i wish we had snow like that :(

do you have snow on the ground perminantly at this time of year or is this just after a big snowfall?

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
tomtom said:
Brilliant pictures Pierre thanks for showing us.. :approve::D i wish we had snow like that :(

do you have snow on the ground perminantly at this time of year or is this just after a big snowfall?

It is permanent, but we have had low snowfalls the last few years. Except for a two foot overnight snowfall early in the season, this years snow has been one and two inches at a time - until last night.

Wing and I went into town last night on a date and had a hard time finding a restaurant open to get a bite to eat. Many streets were unplowed, and most cars were buried. It was kind of fun.

PG

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Thanks for sharing PG, very picturesque.

If the forecasters are to be believed, we'll be posting more snow pics from this side of the pond towards the end of this week!

ATB

Ogri the trog

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Thanks for the pictures guys.

I fear that climate change means that we won't see that sort of thing here anymore. :(

At least down here in the south. ;)

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
It could be that for a while it gets warmer and warmer here too, we had a terrible warmth and unpredictable winter, this year.
But I was reading that with the warmth and the melting of the poles there is a possible that the gulfstream will move and if that will happen it will be up here more like Siberia.

Cheers
Abbe

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
All very nice photos guys thanks i'd like to see snow like that some day. my sister emigrates to british colombia next week so it might happen in the next few years.

As for the movment/stopping of the gulf stream/north atlantic conveyor this could well happen but i'm not sure it will happen in any of our life times.

James

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
BorderReiver said:
The last time up your way was in 1964 :eek:

I was old enough to enjoy it hugely. :D

In the 1960s we had huge snowfalls here. Service stations gave out little orange styrofoam balls - to be placed on car ariels - so other drivers could see you coming at an intersection. Travel off plowed roads was strictly a snowshoe affair.

I remember cutting a knee high branch on a trail behind our house. When I was on that trail the next summer - I could not reach the point on the tree where I'd cut the branch.

PG

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
Hi Pierre
I knew you speaking about snow would cause mischief. It has been mild since the new year came in. Well this morning the forecasters are telling us our area is in for the worst snow of the winter :banghead: I wonder if they have been looking at your pics :lmao: Only kidding M8 its been long overdue and we have been very lucky this year. Our local council will be rubbing their hands with glee as they always use the getting rid of the snow and gritting as the cause of our rates bill going up :)

Cheers
Tutchi
:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE