Morakniv ash wood outdoor knife collection

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kato28

Jan 27, 2021
London
The Lok is already available at £175 (£35 below RRP) in the UK with free delivery. Possibly influenced by Morakniv or maybe just retailers already starting to compete.I anticipate this to come down further.
The small one Finn, is £150 at Springfields.
Still a lot more for what you get, considering a Lionsteel with micarta handle and better steel is about £130.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
I’m not defending the pricing but my point is, whilst they’re obviously overpriced, that price is already coming down. Inevitably these will become more affordable to a more bearable price point. I agree there is obviously other options out there in this price range that probably represent better value but this Morakniv and people WILL buy these products.

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
Deluxe price without deluxe features. Even the Garberg to me is about 40€ overpriced. Either they don't know their market or they're trying to cash in on the bushcraft-bucks.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I handled the Lok yesterday. It's a nice size and comfortable in hand. I'm not sure how comfortable the protruding tang would be after extended use, such as carving a spoon, although it is crowned. Aesthetically the blackened steel is smart but the Ash handle seems very bland compared with the curly birch, walnut, etc that is available on other knives.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I still can't quite believe they called a big(ish) blade a Rombo!
(I know it bears no resemblance, but really?) At least it doesn't have a saw-back blade!

I think they look good, and probably perform, like a, er, Mora, which is good.
But they need to come down a bit more in price for me to hand over my hard-earned.
At that price point, there's a hell of a lot of competition.
Looking at the prices above, I'm not sure how they justify an extra £50 for an extra 1in of blade?

I find the sizing a bit odd. Small, medium large? They're not sweatshirts.
Are they trying to appeal to everyone? It would suggest to me that they're trying to appeal to people who know what they want, having tried a range of different blades.

It's been really interesting watching this thread, and reading some well-thought and intelligent responses.

This feels to me, a bit like Mora testing the market, and perhaps following YT/insta fashion (don't do it people!)
Certainly these blades will get more attention in a video/photo than their classic knives. So they've decided to stir things up a bit?
It's certainly got our tongues wagging!

Interesting stuff...

Kato28

Jan 27, 2021
London
Prices are going down, as expected. I have talked to a few people (shops that sell them) and they are not moving off the shelves.....

View attachment 79162
Around £80 for the small one and £100 for the others would be more in line with the quality you are getting and the competition (Condor, TBS, Joker).
Even Chinese made knives are around £100 nowadays.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I imagine if these fail, collectors will snap up stock and then charge even more. I periodically spot old Moras on EBAY: The ones with a steel but cap, leather sheaths and
Interesting stamping. They may be laminated and clean ones @ $125 USD.
I collect, and use Japanese kitchen knives. That Rombo thing bears a faint resemblance to a few.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE