Mora companion facelift

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
If I were Mora, why would I pay someone for suggesting that my company do something to my product that most other producers of the same type of product already do to similar items? It's not a new concept or design and therefore no reason to pay anyone for it, particularly as in these days of litigation that would suggest admission of use of another person's idea.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Blimey! You go off camping for a few days, and more stuff to read.

I have never met Bigstu, or Tat2trev, i have spoken to the latter and he has done some patches for me, which i was very happy with.

I wouldn't say i have loved everything that Trev has done, but that is down to personal taste, but this Mora thing i do like, not quite sure if there is a personal thing going on between them, quite frankly it is none of my business,but i mast say Stu, is quite negative about all of Trevs work.

I for one can be a little off kilta at times, but i have never slated or passed negative comments about anybodys work on here.

Anyway on a positive note Trev, Ben flopped his big one out at the meet! (massive knife, that is) And i tried my hardest to find fault with the transformation, but couldn't , top work mate, and Ben is over the moon with it. Now that IS filework!

Ivan...

If i kept looking at work done by another on here, and really did not like it, i would just not comment, because after a while other forumites notice a pattern forming.

Anyroad up, off to another thread to try and upset, a couple on here, that have dared to disagree, with my thoughts,ideas,pics,spelling,grammar, grey hair etc etc!

Ivan...

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
If I were Mora, why would I pay someone for suggesting that my company do something to my product that most other producers of the same type of product already do to similar items? It's not a new concept or design and therefore no reason to pay anyone for it, particularly as in these days of litigation that would suggest admission of use of another person's idea.

It was just a cheery comment and idea, not a serious business concept. You don't have to be negative about it, and you don't own Mora, so you never know :).

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I've got a reply from a chief at mora if I can work out how to post it up you can all read for yourselves
Here it is

Hello Trevor!

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us! It is important for us to get feedback from our customers about our products and whats happening out in the knife world. I think it’s a really good idea you have and it would certainly add great value for the user. We can’t comment any specific plans about new Moraknivar but we will continue to make knives that are made to be used by our customers . Maybe we will see your idea come true in the future.

Best regards

Henrik Eriksson
Chef Sortimentsutveckling

Mora of Sweden AB | Box 407 | SE-792 27 Mora | Sweden
Tel: +46 250 59 50 00 (växel) | +46 250 59 50 29 (direkt)
Fax: +46 250 595 001 Mobil: +46 70 388 78

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
To get a reply acknowledging your work is fantastic even more so from a company as well respected as Mora.
It would be great to see the idea taken on board and put into production, and I would be chuffed to think it had been input taken on board from one of your suggestions.
Well done that man.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
Google translate says that it means "Head-range development"

In reality, they could just put a lanyard hole in their plastic mould when they manufacture the handles (without the brass tube) - and it would have similar functionality. Perhaps they see the benefit of having a lanyard hole. I'm sure lots of people use the knives in places where they may lose it or drop it and never get it back (i.e. on a boat) - so having a hole there means you can secure it.

Nice of them to respond though - many larger companies would simply ignore it.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
The 640 has a lanyard hole as well, but they forgot to put the filework on that one.
2013-10-31+14.37.39.jpg

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
There are the clippers, the CoCraft line and the normal Craftsman line with those handles, I believe. None of them have a hole. But Mora has made so many different things over the years that I could easily be all wrong.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
There are the clippers, the CoCraft line and the normal Craftsman line with those handles, I believe. None of them have a hole. But Mora has made so many different things over the years that I could easily be all wrong.

So what I have done to my knife and suggested to mora, they may one day make a change to them and add a lanyard hole
Fingers crossed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE