Mora companion facelift

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Got this the other day to play with.
I've added a brass lanyard tube and a little bit of filework,note I've left a space for firesteel usage if I choose to.
Hope you all like
null_zpsab6d3c3d.jpg

null_zps02ac1278.jpg

null_zpsb648dc35.jpg

As usual all comments good or bad welcome .

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
Fantastic. Send the pics to Mora - they have a Facebook presence you coud contact them with.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Thanks all for the great comments .
I did take on board some comments I recieved a while back about the knife not being as functional with too much of the blade being fileworked.But with the piece missing for the firesteel striker I feel has made up for this problem ,
Thanks all again
I will post up how she performs I also feel the lanyard tube is a nice touch too rather than just drilling a hole.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Now that I do like. Not too deep but nice a subtle. The area for scraping the fire steel is inspired.
My only preference would have been stainless or aluminum for the tube to match the blade color.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Now that I do like. Not too deep but nice a subtle. The area for scraping the fire steel is inspired.
My only preference would have been stainless or aluminum for the tube to match the blade color.
Well thank you very much sir .i didn't give it a thought about the tube being alloy or stainless but a fair and valid point I'll have to source a little bit and maybe swap it over at some stage .

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am not a fan of file work myself, and not a thing I would do, saying that, one thing I notice is that the half rounds are not quite even, one is deeper and leads into another, and one looks like it has a land left between the opposing ones, just something I notice as an engineer,

Not a bad effort, its a hard skill to master..

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I am not a fan of file work myself, and not a thing I would do, saying that, one thing I notice is that the half rounds are not quite even, one is deeper and leads into another, and one looks like it has a land left between the opposing ones, just something I notice as an engineer,

Great comment from an Engineer.
But just to set the record straight the photography does not do the filework too much justice but all the half rounds are dead central and do not cross over bud I can assure you .
I marked a centre line and a depth line to make sure.

Last edited:

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

I struggled to see what you were fussing about but looks like nothing that can't be sorted with a little bit of tweaking.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Stu, if you have a look at the 2nd photo in the OP you will clearly see that you are talking a load of tom tit :), just out of interest, what does a sanitary engineer know about filework ?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu, if you have a look at the 2nd photo in the OP you will clearly see that you are talking a load of tom tit :), just out of interest, what does a sanitary engineer know about filework ?

If you realy want to know... I am a time severed Toolmaker buy trade...,

Suggest you find out more about a persons qualifications.. Before making comment... Then go to specsavers.......

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
If I may add here guys if you look at the birds eye view of the blade you will notice you can see the left upper profile of the blade this is why the filework looks off.
I took the photo like this because the light would of caused a glare for the photography . I can gaurentee it is symmetrical and even throughout.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE