Mora companion facelift

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
Is that bit where you drilled the lanyard hole all plastic, or was there some of the tang in the way?

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I am not a fan of file work myself, and not a thing I would do, saying that, one thing I notice is that the half rounds are not quite even, one is deeper and leads into another, and one looks like it has a land left between the opposing ones, just something I notice as an engineer,

Not a bad effort, its a hard skill to master..

Oh pack it in Stu. I grow tired of your constant nippy little comments. You've clearly got an issue with Trev and or his work so in the spirit of the forum if you have nothing nice to say then perhaps you should man up and refrain from commenting.

"As an engineer" would you be willing to show us your attempts?

Constructive criticism is one thing, but constant bitchyness is another. His work might not be up with the high end knife makers but it is clearly improving, and very well done.

And for the record I do not know Trev, we've never met and have only the one interaction from the Thor's hammer/ stamp swap. He seems like a very genuine "bloody northerner"

@Trev, the lanyard hole is excellent mate. I don't know why Mora haven't thought of that...

Andy

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Oh pack it in Stu. I grow tired of your constant nippy little comments. You've clearly got an issue with Trev and or his work so in the spirit of the forum if you have nothing nice to say then perhaps you should man up and refrain from commenting.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but constant bitchyness is another. His work might not be up with the high end knife makers but it is clearly improving, and very well done.

And for the record I do not know Trev, we've never met and have only the one interaction from the Thor's hammer/ stamp swap. He seems like a very genuine "bloody northerner"

@Trev, the lanyard hole is excellent mate. I don't know why Mora haven't thought of that...

Andy

Thanks Andy for the kind words mate they mean a great deal .
And for the record lol I'm not a northerner I was born in Essex for my sins (oops did I just admit to being an Essex boy) :lmao:

Last edited:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
The third scallop on the left hand side is off by 0.0000000000000001 of a mm, but I will let you off with that :) other than that top job, I really like it ,keep up the good work goodjob

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
It is solid plastic my friend no tang was present .

As a novice, how would I go about adding this lanyard hole? Drill a hole, cut a bit of brass, and insert - that all, or do you need to do a bit of filing of the brass to make it flush with the handle?

What size hole did you drill - and what size brass?

I'm itching to try this on my Mora.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
As a novice, how would I go about adding this lanyard hole? Drill a hole, cut a bit of brass, and insert - that all, or do you need to do a bit of filing of the brass to make it flush with the handle?

What size hole did you drill - and what size brass?

I'm itching to try this on my Mora.
Yes my friend just drill a 6mm hole and 6mm brass insert into the hole and file and sand until flush with the plastic .
Simple as that bud hope this helps.
I also used a countersink to remove the bur on the inside edge of the brass from where it was cut,this also stops the lanyard being cur through aswell

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

Andy

I must admit I had noticed the repeated 'constructive criticism' myself but just assumed it was dished out to everyone.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
very nicely done. plus as said the brass lanyard tube os a very clever mod. i wonder how long it will be before mora are includng one as standard? ;)

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Had a great response on the mora site lots of pm's about the lanyard tube and the filework .
Maybe I'll get lucky and mora will take on board the lanyard tube as a design feature and produce it

Last edited:

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
That's not getting lucky, that's losing a potential market for custom modding Mora knives ;)

Noooooo not really who would pay to have a hole drilled and some tubing put in. Realistically not going to happen. But if mora do take on board the idea I'd be happy with the prototype or the first issue knife as a keep sake.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Noooooo not really who would pay to have a hole drilled and some tubing put in. Realistically not going to happen.

The same people who would pay for engraving, re-profiling, sharpening, filework, custom sheaths, etc etc. The people who have neither the time nor skills to do these things themselves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE