Mora 510 MG Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Just received this little beauty this morning.

Very sharp edge, Fits comfortably in the hand, I like the way it "clicks" in and out of its sheath, which seems very sturdy, with a nice little drain hole in the bottom.

As i'm not all that experienced with a knife, looking forward to my first meet for lessons on how to use it safely.

cheers Lucan:D
spa0288.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Geordie9

Forager
Oct 25, 2010
Hampshire
I ordered 1 of these yesterday as it will be my first knife and the reviews looked good. Looking forward to it's arrival :)

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
This is my first bushcraft knife too. Thought i'd start with something thats been well tried and tested, and at a great price too

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I got a couple of those last week, it's fair to say I like them a lot, I've now got a new favourite Mora, they seem nicer in the hand than the clipper style and the ambidexterous sheath is a boon for southpaws.

Dave

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
got mine this morning, i have a lot of mora's, but this one is a cracker, well pleased with it, and the ray mears logo, is a bonus.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Just received this little beauty this morning.

Very sharp edge, Fits comfortably in the hand, I like the way it "clicks" in and out of its sheath, which seems very sturdy, with a nice little drain hole in the bottom.

As i'm not all that experienced with a knife, looking forward to my first meet for lessons on how to use it safely.

cheers Lucan:D
spa0288.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I have just got one of these too. Really nice. It's been bought as a cheap carry when I'm out and about and don't want to take my expensive knife. I find the handle a tiny bit small and I don't exactly have large hands. Really really cheap for what it is though.

510 good knife. Had and gave a way several over the years but I can NOT remember this ever being Mears' favorite knife! So y'all are being tricked (again)....

Ever see him use one on any of his shows? Anybody got a one during a course?

Will get back under my rock now....

Grtz Johan

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
My fav knife is my F1 which is just under £100. But I still bought one of these on friday as they are about to be expired.

Who said this is Ray's favorait knife Johan? No one is being tricked, its a sweet knife for £12. I have one, but it does not mean its my favorait. Your kinda making out like we are thick and keep on being tricked by marketing. Infact there are many posts on this forum recommending this knife, are you saying this forum is tricking us all ?

Even if it was a cheap knife that broke when dropped, it is still worth the £12 in my book, but offcourse, it does not break and it is a solid knife, highly recommended for new comers who wish to practice sharpening their knives without ruining a £350 handmade tool.
Johan there are many things you can buy with ray's name on it, it does not mean its his favorait, nor does it mean you will get them for free when you attend his course.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
510 good knife. Had and gave a way several over the years but I can NOT remember this ever being Mears' favorite knife! So y'all are being tricked (again)....

Grtz Johan

I was using a 510 before I even heard of Ray Mears. One of my all time favorites. I don't care if it's Ray's favorite or not. The point is--as folks have said already--they stopped making them and if you want one, this is the only source.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

Grtz Johan

He was using one on an Arctic course I was on with him.... had it around his neck on some paracord.

Like Hoodoo I have been using the 510 for years, I still have a couple of the original red handled ones in a drawer which I'd bought in a panic when I heard they were being discontinued last year..I went through the whole custom knife thingy owning knives by nearly all of the UK's top makers and this little baby, the 510, was the knife that broke my addiction, it is now the only knife I use. For those of you that have just got them, prepare to have your cutlery world turned around, for when it comes to true bushcraft knives, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE..and the 510 is it ......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE