Moot theme?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ooooh is yours one of the utilikilts or a traditional one, GB?

It's a traditional one (ex military) (& I think too small for me even with the weight loss) As I've said else where on the site I used to were it up the hill and whilst working in the woods. The tourists of the estate loved it when you wandered out of the woods with an axe or billhook looking all Scots Porridge Oats like. Have you seen the pics of Dreadhead in his kilt at the wedding? He looks very cool.

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Yeahhh, what a fabulous set of pics they are :) And the viking set, just amaazzzzing :)

I can imagine seeing you striding outta the shrubbery after a mornings work being a special moment for many, GB :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Goatboy. what size kilt are you ?

Rev G

Goodness knows these days, weight shot up when I got ill, dropping off like mad again, will see what I am after surgery on Wednesday - as they measure me for a wooden overcoat. I honestly don't know at the moment is the answer, and no tape measure in the hoose. Did you make your leather kilt or get it done for you?

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
Had them made, got 2 leather, 2 utility, and about 8 tartan ( 5 and 8 yards ) including 2 Clan Graham (very similar to the Black Watch) they will fit from 34 to 38 inch if you want to borrow/trade one at the moot.

Rev G

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Had them made, got 2 leather, 2 utility, and about 8 tartan ( 5 and 8 yards ) including 2 Clan Graham (very similar to the Black Watch) they will fit from 34 to 38 inch if you want to borrow/trade one at the moot.

Rev G

That's a lovely offer Reverend, much appreciated, but between health, distance and cash the Moot's out of my grasp at the moment. Thanks for the offer though. GB

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
this is going way off track so lets pull it back, enough talk about kilts.

We'll have some competitions like we did last year, that worked well, you can have themes if you want just make sure it's nothing daft.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Where's the mind bleach when you need it.

See Tengu has taste, All us pictish kilted nutters running over the heather towards her, waving our weapons.

Did you think I meant :yikes:, No I was referring to moras, woodlore clones, silkys and axes. Wow Mr Kelly, you're a dirty birdy, I would never be salacious to one of the first ladies of bushcraft. Shame on you. ;)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Did you think I meant :yikes:, No I was referring to moras, woodlore clones, silkys and axes. Wow Mr Kelly, you're a dirty birdy, I would never be salacious to one of the first ladies of bushcraft. Shame on you. ;)

Phew! thank goodness for that. I'll carry on with the novel now, my feet are killing me.

Sent from my Royal 10 typewriter

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
.....Bushy, you'd survive most things including nuclear attack in that thing.
Definately better than your odds in a kilt with all us bushladies chasing after you :) At least you'd stand a chance of outrunning us in one, you'll have to be outgunning us in that get up!

Sorry, Tony, my bad for derailing onto a local meet topic. My initial question was
So there's 2 themes then? Game of Thrones in Scots corner and Victorian Safari in the naughty corner? ....

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I like the idea of a Victorian safari

And Im not one of the first ladies of bushcraft, that is Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE