Moot theme?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
anychance of the flint man can't remember his name stuart something regards dave

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
There's no direct link to the Scots, simply because the subject is complete fantacy. However, last year we were in the new Scots' corner (the old one having been sequestered by the mods), and we just started discussing a theme for this year. D&D was discounted, as was LOTR (done to death) and GoT was suggested so we all thought it a great idea.
As far as kit goes, Saxon or Viking will mostly fit the bill, but because there won't be public there, anachronisms will be welcomed, and probably laughed at. The aim being to have a damn good laugh. So, plastic or foam swords are fine (also real ones), and we might even get to kidnapping someone from naughty corner and hold them to ransom....

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
How about something from the Drenai series by David Gemmel, John Fenna might make a credible Druss The Legend with his beard, unless longstrider would grow one, the fort could be Dross Delnoch (with lot of imagination).

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
How about something from the Drenai series by David Gemmel, John Fenna might make a credible Druss The Legend with his beard, unless longstrider would grow one, the fort could be Dross Delnoch (with lot of imagination).
Erm..... is that a compliment?
What is this Drenai thing?
Should I be worried?:)

OK - just googled it - I will take it as a compliment! :D

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

John Fenna
img006_zpsb7b14c4d.jpg

003_zps06a086da.jpg

or on a more barbaric day
DSCF6378.jpg

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
I fully support any inclusion of Druss! As long as I can be Skilgannon! *cross fingers and hopes to god he's not just Gemmel out-geeked everyone here*

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
OK, I don't see why the Game of Thrones can't include Druss and his associates if anyone feels inclined to portray those characters. If anyone asks, Druss is visiting Winterfell for the holidays.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
After seeing John in that fairy costume, Shakespeare's classic "A Midsummer Nights Dream" springs to mind, John as Titania, Dave Budd as mischievous Puck, Court Jester to Oberon (Tony), or something along those lines. I think the Naughty corner would furnish any number or "Rude Mechanicals", especially if Dave Budd brings along his usual tipple.

Of Course, if it were a Drenai theme, then of course John should wield the mighty Snaga spork%u00252520pink.jpg

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
So there's 2 themes then? Game of Thrones in Scots corner and Victorian Safari in the naughty corner? I've got some potential GoT stuff but nothing sufficiently suited to a safari, any victoriana I own is distinctly boudoir based... leatherwork in a corset? Nooooooo I think not ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
So there's 2 themes then? Game of Thrones in Scots corner and Victorian Safari in the naughty corner? I've got some potential GoT stuff but nothing sufficiently suited to a safari, any victoriana I own is distinctly boudoir based... leatherwork in a corset? Nooooooo I think not ;)

But Zena Warrior Princess travelled the countryside wearing one :confused: aren't they practical then?

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I can't believe I didn't take the opportunity to measure it up and take pattern notes at NW, Rev :) One of many things I missed tother weekend :) corsets are delightfully impractical, Goatboy :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I can't believe I didn't take the opportunity to measure it up and take pattern notes at NW, Rev :) One of many things I missed tother weekend :) corsets are delightfully impractical, Goatboy :)

Oh I don't know, I think they can be very practical. But you're right, Bushcraft maybe isn't the place for one. I'm with the Rev, kilts are practical for outdoors though mine's not leather:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE