moot photos aug 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
well what can i say,what a fantastic time i had, met up with old friends and met some really nice new ones too some of the things i wanted to do this year was foraging with robin harford as i follow his blog on eat weeds. and as i knew wayland was going i wanted to do his photo workshop.i managed to do both and would like to thank robin and gary for giving there time for free at the moot, as it was there moot as wells to give up there time was appreciated, gary took us on a waterfall expedition in neath some miles away what a fantastic day it was i couldn't manage the 4th waterfall as my knee newly replaced needed a bit of TLC so i rested at the top of the steps leading down some 150 steps to the waterfall.
a great time was had by all im sure there we will all see the picks from various people soon.
as for the rest of the moot as always a great atmosphere with lots of people sharing there skills and knowledge, simon one of the regulars got hold of a roe deer and between a few of us skinned and dissected the deer for the coming meal.
teresa one of our members from the united states who is taking her doctorate in tanning( sorry teresa if i forgot exactly it is what you are doing but i found it interesting you are a great orator)so moving on, teresa went though the whole process of tanning and showed us some of the skins she has done .
i would like to thank toni and shelly and all the mods for making it another great moot and all the new people i met as well to many to name some pics now
my little camp on the hill

some of the older kids did us a fire show

an artist view of fruits of the forest

jennas attempt

another childs attempt

chef phil feeding the hordes

some of the naughty corner regulars

teresa showing of a smoked tan hide

looking over the little community on the hill

will sorting his hammock

george setting up the parachute

teresa enjoying the horn of plenty

richards hammock city

dave buds teaching forging

whats this little fella?

robin harford of eat weeds fame

some would be foragers

esher simons daughter finishing her art work

perry magees tracking course

nice one of perry

some of the trackers

big al labowski and his foraged food

simons daughter tanwen watching dad fleshing the deer skin

will with the hide

everyone having a go at skinning

the waterfall trip

this is maggs a shot for matt

a couple of cavers

a rare pic of me looking rough hahah

went to look at a cave entrance stuart in the background

big will

we went for a meal at the end of the falls walk

what a motley crew especially those three on the end right

sorry about all the pics there are many more if you want some of the pics pm me
forgot to mention perry magee the tracking course he did was great and a great man too
regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE