Modern Friction Folder EDC Prototype

well as shown in this Thread as a concept some months ago

Ive finally made a couple of Friction folders in a modern style with a removable locking system
i have some parts Lazer and Water jet Cut to give me some options to play with

the black one is
RWL34 blade full flat with convex secondary bevel
2mm titanium liners
3mm course black Peel ply

the Orange one is
52100 bearing steel wit ha 20 deg zero scandi grind
one 5mm Titanium Frame
one 2mm liner on 3mm orange fine Peel ply

DWFF1.jpg

DWFF2.jpg

DWFF3.jpg

DWFF4.jpg

DWFF5.jpg

DWFF6.jpg

have done a quick (sorry not a very good ) video should explain how this contraption works

[video=youtube;-R0YbVg1WMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R0YbVg1WMg[/video]

Founds it fits nicely into a Maxpedition Mini organizer i got a few weeks ago :D (also with a great little torch from B&Q :eek: )

DWFF7.jpg
DWFF8.jpg

DWFF9.jpg
DWFF10.jpg

DWFF11.jpg

DWFF14.jpg

DWFF12.jpg

DWFF13.jpg

just need an adaptor plate for a Large Tekloc and it should make a base for a big EDC kit

ATB

Duncan

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've been really impressed how your work has moved on mate. Thats at a whole different level though - original, looks to be really well made, good design etc. There is genuinely a future for something like that

Red

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
Well done! That looks like a very useful knife to have around. I love the locking bit driver. I watched the video but my computer has no sound right now. Forgive my ignorance but I just assume that locking system is OK in the UK. It looks like a very safe system. One thing we need to learn over here is to market such things as one hand opening and a locking blade as safety features.

Well done! That looks like a very useful knife to have around. I love the locking bit driver. I watched the video but my computer has no sound right now. Forgive my ignorance but I just assume that locking system is OK in the UK. It looks like a very safe system. One thing we need to learn over here is to market such things as one hand opening and a locking blade as safety features.

the theory is that if you carry it without the Pin then its a EDC legal as the cutting edge is sub 3" and it does not lock tho it does suffer from the main problem all FF do in that it it can come open in the pocket as its only friction holding it

But if you do have good reason you can use the Safety pin to not only lock it solidly open but also closed

ATB

Duncan

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Very , very Nice. Really good to see someone put up some original thought and Ideas . Big slap on the back!!.

Now , where's your website and how do I place an order.

Very Impressed!

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Very nice work. Would be interested to know how much you'll be making them for as Id love one for my edc kit, if the waiting list isnt too long. Let me know when I can place my order.

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
the theory is that if you carry it without the Pin then its a EDC legal as the cutting edge is sub 3" and it does not lock tho it does suffer from the main problem all FF do in that it it can come open in the pocket as its only friction holding it

But if you do have good reason you can use the Safety pin to not only lock it solidly open but also closed

ATB

Duncan

Interesting work-around for a difficult legal challenge much like our "assisted openers" in the US. Necessity is the mother of invention. It looks like a very solid EDC knife. Maybe a pouch that holds the knife, driver set and pin would make it complete?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE