Modded Juniper Box Stove - With Disassembly Feature

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Several people have asked me for this feature to be added to my stoves. I conducted some experiments and found a secure way of locking the stoves together that still allows them to come apart.

This is the first one I am selling which can break apart. If people show some interest I'll look at making a few more like this.

The stove itself is locked together by the short end faces, which in turn are held in place by r-clips punched through their locking tabs. On a normal Juniper Firebox these tabs would be bent over permanently. They are quite stiff (which for safety's sake I would call a good thing) but the clips can be removed which allows the stove to come apart. Obviously this version of the stove is sold on the understanding that you will make 100% sure that the stove is correctly locked in its assembled configuration before lighting any fires in it.

As with all of my stoves they have been laser cut from stainless steel before being finished by hand and assembled by me. They will run on pretty much any combustible material.

The external dimensions when assembled are (LxWxH) are 26cm x 21cm x 21cm and it weighs approximately 1.5kg. When disassembled it occupies approximately 25cm x 22cm x 3cm.

Punching through the tabs and deburring them with a file is surprisingly time consuming so I would like £30 for this stove, including p&p and paypal fees. A normal Juniper Box Stove currently sells for £25 and these are still available on my other for sale thread. At these prices I am already selling at a loss so I'm afraid I don't have much wiggle room.

Any questions give me a shout.

DSCF6545_zpsd7e6d436.jpg

DSCF6546_zps155277f3.jpg

DSCF6547_zpscaf0d559.jpg

Last edited:

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
No takers for this?

It looks like I may have saturated BCUK market. I'll give both types of my stove a few more days here on the makers market and then I'll shove what ones I have left back in the shed, or give them away locally.

Bear in mind that the costs of materials alone for each of these stoves exceeds £27 so I'm not making any money. For the same reason, once they are gone, they are gone. There will be no second production run of Juniper Box Stoves.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Having made a few stoves myself, i know what work is involved. I think that respodning to comments about stoves coming apart. & coming up with using the R clips, shows you were thinking outside the box so to speak.
For what its worth, i think your stove is an excelent thought out design, don't give up, just because the market is slow. Try to get someone who has one to do a review on this & other sites, it might generate some interest.

All the best,

Rob

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
I'm going to take a kicking for this, but then again, she managed to drop her phone in a puddle last night - good game £130 - so....

I'll take one please Wook, the stove looks exactly what I've been looking for, I was just waiting till I'd a bit more splashing cash about (having bought a tent & a tomahawk already this (next :rolleyes:) month).

PM me your paypal details & I'll get the funds sent,

Cheers,

Rod

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Good call, i look forward to hearing/reading your review.

Rob

Could maybe even manage a pass-around, me being a more fair weather outdoors person.....

I've also a netbook case that's 29cm by 22 - so it should do the job for the stove nicely. Might leather line it in case I need to put the stove away warm though.....

Last edited:

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Great stuff - just a suggestion. Could you fix the rclips to the base plate on split rings or plug chains through drilled holes so there's no small parts to lose?

It would certainly be possible, but not without adding an untoward degree of complexity both to the stove and the assembly process. One of the reasons there will not be a second production run of these stoves is (in addition to small runs being prohibitively expensive), they are surprisingly labour intensive to prepare even without adding in extra features. The R-Clips by themselves didn't add too much to the assembly process, though.

The simplest way to achieve the same thing would be to thread the clips back through their eyes after disassembly so you don't misplace them.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Sounds good Rod. I think you'll find that they cool down pretty quick once the heat source is removed. At 29x22, i've some canvas bags that i had made for my own stoves when i used to sell them, let me have your address & i'll send you one.

Rob

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Cheers Woof, if you want a play with it I'll pop it off to you after I've had a go & if the canvas bag fits you could add it to the package?

Stove arrived today & it's a sturdy bit of kit, I reckon it could take my 18st of whipcord podge and not buckle, although I'm not going to try it. Cheers Wook!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE