modded issue jungle bag for under quilt

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
My bags were £10 ea from Anchor Supplies in Ripley... most were marked £10-25 n sold folded n strapped but the nice lasses let me open em up for a quality check. The £10 one had a broken zip, tother was fine but a bit of wear and a slit on the inner near the zip but as I wanted the zip to replace one in a freinds good bag, it was a no-brainer to take it out n re-seam it just a tad tighter to get back to good fabric as it was on a shoulder area anyhow- the gelz took pity n let me have that one for a tenner too :) If you're up that way or in Notts, might be a good place for a scavenge... ps don't take your women, I came out with triple what the lads did... :lmao: Mmmm I know you're supposed to say no connection with the firm etc etc but gosh, just love 'em for a mooch around and love 'em for giving me a good deal!!

Fraid its not a good pic but tis the only one I have :)

300357_2275335357308_1066438695_2618001_1133774053_n.jpg

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Thanks guys,

Out of interest, what sort of season rating is the Jungle bag? I want to make sure that what ever bag I buy to mod, it does me all year round in the uk. Argoose do a 500gsm bag for 25 quid, would the jungle bag be better still?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I use the warm weather bag as its synthetic so no worries with our damp climate or washing, i used it all last winter with my buffalo bag inside as a blanket, i was also wearing woolens base and my mid layer in with my should i need to put the on in the night, never did though, but then i more fall into a coma than sleep, this year im going to test out my issue Arctic bag pod with the same mods, camera fixed now so will do a quick vid of the set up as it is now! woohoo!

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Thanks Southey, the Argos bag is also synthetic. The plan is that I'll use either my snugpak traveller as a blanket, or my vango 3 season bag. If it gets reall cold I can always back in my inflatable sleeping mat.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Too right dude! i take a roll of woollen blanket cut to fit between the hammock layers(dd hammock with the zip) if im feeling the chill before I get in, though a few star jumps gets me warmed up before bed,

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hmmm, this has got me thinking. Rather that remove the zip from my Vango 1/2 season down bag rendering it useless as a summer bag, I could sew some tape loops at intervals along the top and bottom ends so they could be drawn up tight. Then a velcro tab or three each side to secure to the hammock.

Project ahoy. I'll add some pics when I've found some suitable tape.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
[video=youtube;YjS7Zl3kkpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjS7Zl3kkpg[/video]

[video=youtube;JbxI9cNowcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxI9cNowcE&feature=re lated[/video]

[video=youtube;RCF_sD27RMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCF_sD27RMU&feature=re lated[/video]

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Great stuff Southey!

Will be really useful as I do my mod. I plumped for the Argos bag that I linked too, picked it up after work today. We have a great knitting & craft shop in town, called thread needles so then popped up there and got some decent thread and needles (!). All my sewing will be by hand, as don't have a sewing machine, so that will be interesting! I have some nylon webbing tape, 1" wide, and have started attaching loops to the bag so that I can add tie outs on to them. The bag doesn't have a hood, but at the head end it does have an elasticated draw string so I can gather it up.

I'll do a vid/pics once I have finished it, hopefully it'll work. Thanks for the inspiration fella!

PS, great couple of kids you have there, I especially liked the "shooting the camera at the end of the third vid, very cool.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE