MOD survival Knife

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
We have all seen the MOD knife which is a shortened version of a Machete. These look and most likely are the tool for the job. I recently got my self a Condor Bushlore Knife and found that the blade is really thick and would take a whole lot of punishment. As similar to the MOD knife. I have sharpened the Condor and its hair shaving sharp. I wonder if you can get the same finish on the MOD knife. I have taken some picture of my knife can someone post pics and details of there MOD knife.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AbYbZgs6Ufg/T2yB9xbF7BI/AAAAAAAABho/QaniFFGLhDg/s640/IMG_0764.JPG

yes you can polish up a a MOD

Heres mine

Shaped
MODmod6.jpg

polished and finished
Dsc_4085.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Duncan ,..thats the best version of a modded mod knife i,ve seen mate,....!!

youve even "FYGTed" the pin configuration too,....

looks like a proper milk carton slayer now!!

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well as I expected the Artisans come out with their beauty in manufacturing the best that's around. They are both class mind you I love the polish out come on your Knife FGYT. pure class real workmanship. I remain to be amazed daily on this forum by the skill and dedication some people have. Thanks.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I'd love to do that to my MOD, but I'm fairly sure I wouldn't want to chop, hammer and dig with it afterwards. Horrid handle, but a very under estimated knife. Takes a battering and then wants seconds. Holds a nice edge too which is easy to get.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I'd love to do that to my MOD, but I'm fairly sure I wouldn't want to chop, hammer and dig with it afterwards. Horrid handle, but a very under estimated knife. Takes a battering and then wants seconds. Holds a nice edge too which is easy to get.

I have what I think is a D pattern MOD that I bought in late 80's been using it ever since, food preparation, it has skinned & scaled everything bar deer it is still black'ish all I did was belt sand the wood & metal of the handle then tung oil.
camping
[/URL][/IMG]

3rd from the bottom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE