Midori says Hi!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 10, 2006
Hampshire, UK
Hello All,

I'm Midori, veteran camper, Bronze and Iron Age Living History demonstrator,
trying to learn some of the things my ancestors would have taken for granted.

I need to increase my skills PDQ, as our group is booked to demonstrate Bronze age skills in August and September and our leader will be elsewhere. (He's the guy with the major know-how and most of the equipment).

Firestarting, cordage and simple baskets are the main things I need to know about first. Any and all advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Midori

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
hello there, good to have you onboard, keep browsing and i am sure you will find the answers to the majority of your questions, the natives here are extremely knowledgable.

:lmao:

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Welcome Midori. Check out the articles and tutorials. Or alternatively you could try and hire Wayland to lead the demonstration for you ;) - check out the link in his signature :)

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Hi Midori,

Welcome to BCUK.

Not sure what methods of firelighting etc. were used in the Bronze age. If you ask specific questions here you will get specific answers. :)
As suggested, the meets are great events for sharing skills and seeing demos. I'd be interested in info on basket making myself.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hello Midori and welcome here. Thanks to the people on this site, I have learnt some friction firelighting, cordage making and also simple basket making. There are a lot of knowledgeable folk on here, stick around and if poss, get to a meet................Jon
bushcraftersfire9cc.gif

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Welcome Midori and thanks for your reply about the Bongo. I can't help with the specifics but there's lots of information in these forums. Make sure you use the search link at the top - you'll be surprised at how much info is here, I'm sure.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Hello and welcome to bcuk

Have a look at his thread i started about nettle cordage.

Use the search it's a great tool there's loads of stuff in the database that should answer your questions when you've read around a bit and you can't find what you need ask away.:)
James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE