Midlands September '09 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Meet dates: 11 - 12 - 13 September 2009 - Friday evening to Sunday mid-afternoon.

It's not a problem if you'd like to come along but aren't able to do both nights!

We're booked, as per usual, onto pitch 11.

Location is Rough Close. This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site map and Grey Scale map

At present the price (per person per night) is £4.

Important:

There is a quite sizable event being held on the sites' main field over the weekend, please arrive on site no earlier than 5pm. The field adjacent to our pitch will be in use by another group.

EDIT:

Providing that it/they're dropped and left tidy, we have permission to go into an area* and drop as many hazel spars/boughs/trunks as we like at this Meet. So natural shelters could be an option if someone/anyone is interested :cool: .

* It's a specific area that, periodically, has got to be levelled on the basis of safety and site maintenance ~ and it (almost) backs onto pitch 11 :D .

EDIT 2: I've just realised that omitted this for a few Meets :eek: .

All BcUK members are welcome at Meets - each member is responsible for themselves and their own actions. If you bring a non-member with you then you need to be willing to take responsibility for them (and their actions).

Please remember to respect other users of the site.

Any member who is under 18 must have a parent/legal guardian in attendance.

Meet list:

decorum

Copy and paste yada, yada ....

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:

be on your own
lie on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over et.c
whittle
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site can have strong opinions about that
practice flora and fauna i.d
so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I was just wondering when the next one would be and lo and behold there it is :D

:D .

I'll edit this into the first post:

Providing that it/they're dropped and left tidy, we have permission to go into an area* and drop as many hazel spars/boughs/trunks as we like at this Meet. So natural shelters could be an option if someone/anyone is interested :cool: .

* It's a specific area that, periodically, has got to be levelled on the basis of safety and site maintenance ~ and it (almost) backs onto pitch 11 :D .

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Hiya,

Im a newbie here! Anyone going from Lincs, Notts?
Can I come? I have CRB - so quite safe to be around children and adults

Ta

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Decorum! I should be able to make this one for at least one night, hopefully more though. If anything comes up I'll remove my name from the list. Thanks again...

Decorum
Mesquite
MartinK9
Twodogs
Wayland
Nolightweight
rhyan
Elines
Sasquatch

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Meet List:

Decorum
Mesquite
MartinK9
Twodogs
Wayland
Nolightweight
rhyan
Elines
Sasquatch
jimbo and bro...

Jimbo - I am sure Dec wont mind me saying just turn up on the day.. Just remember:

Important:

There is a quite sizable event being held on the sites' main field over the weekend, please arrive on site no earlier than 5pm. The field adjacent to our pitch will be in use by another group.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE