Midlands May '09 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... Are the times flexible as in can i get there early ...

A well timed question ;) . A reminder for all ...

Because traffic is a difficult beast to estimate there is some flexibility for arriving early for those travelling 'good distances' .

As a good estimate:

If your uninterrupted journey would take three(ish) hours (or more) there is some leeway to arriving a bit early.
Those travelling from the North of England, Scotland, or Ireland would be given added leeway.

The site is aware that distance/travel time can be hard to get right but too many arriving early for a Meet could mean that we all end up being charged the day fee unless we arrive after a time specified by them.

There is the added 'complication' of having to check for glaring problems - and PC11 is quite a size.
There are some 'old-hands' who have been to the site (and PC11) enough times that I (and more importantly, the site team) consider them as a kind of set-up crew that benefits a smoother running site and weekend.

... and maybe leave late?

Not really. I have to be the last one to leave the pitch. Before I leave I need to do a general walk around to make sure everything is reasonably ok - and, if necessary, to try to sort out anything amiss (whether it's down to us or not).

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
ok sorted my stuff out and i will be there I’m coming from Crewe its nearly 2h so no were near 3 but i don’t need to set up early i just wont to get there and chill a bit maybe walk the site after the drive so like set out at 12 ish get there for 1:30 - 2pm

corr
Aragorn
Bodge + some more (3)?
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
T1tch
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... maybe walk the site after the drive so like set out at 12 ish get there for 1:30 - 2pm

The site charges for use of the site and the day fee is charged for just being on site - irrespective of what you're doing or how many are in the group - those arriving after the specified arrival time wouldn't be charged the fee.
The day fee could be charged but, so far, has being 'over looked' in the spirit of good will towards those with long journeys - and it's not something that I want members to lose.

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
So if i get this there is no problem getting there early but i will have to pay the day fee?
If that’s right then how much is the day fee? I cannot find it on their site and don’t mind paying it TBH

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
So if i get this there is no problem getting there early but i will have to pay the day fee?
If that’s right then how much is the day fee? I cannot find it on their site and don’t mind paying it TBH

Am I being too subtle, too tactful or too polite?

As I posted previously, the Meet runs from 3pm on the Friday.

There is an issue with us getting there too early - because I haven't booked for us to be on the site during the day running up to the Meet!

So far the site has over looked the charge to help those who are travelling serious distances - this is something I don't want us to lose.

When I've specified mid-afternoon for previous Meets we've had people turning up at mid-day - and this cannot continue.

The arrival time (and that's arrival on site) for the Meet is 3pm onwards.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes

Let's put it this way, it is a private Scout Campsite run by volunteers, allowing us to use it with very few pre-conditions is a priviledge won over time and hard work by Dec and "the regulars" which he needs to guard jealously. I would not allow what essentially is an external group the freedom on my district campsite that Dec is granted. So Dec is not being awkward it is just the way it is. :)

If your journey goes well take the address for Go Outdoors with you and spend an hour or so browing at their store down the road or risk a McDonalds coffee then roll up at 3 :approve:

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire

YES
All you have to say is well no i did not book the site for the day and don’t want to push it with them
You did give me the impression that it was just about the fee
And reading this back just to say don’t take it the wrong way txt dos not carry tone ore emotion and can seem blunt.
I will be there for 3 :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

:lmao:

Unfortunately, I'm one of those who is either too subtle or as subtle as a falling brick :eek: .

If I'm being subtle some folk don't tend to realise and then when the subtlety stops .... :eek:

Oh, whilst we're on the subject of me being subtle - for those who aren't 'in the know' - I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate being photographed. I'm working

on it - I have no problem with pics from behind as long as no part of my face is visible :eek: :eek: :eek: .

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I thought I was busy next weekend but found out I can make the Friday night...Happy days! I'll be bringing a mate if that's ok, he's never been hammock camping but is looking forward to it. I'll add myself to the list, if there's a problem let me know. Thanks in advance for organising another meet Dec!

corr
Aragorn
Bodge + some more (3)?
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
SASQUATCH (+1)
T1tch
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I'll be bringing a mate if that's ok, ...

Bringing a mate along isn't a problem. The only thing that I (and, more importantly, the site) asks is that you take responsibility for him whilst he's on site.

See you there :D .

EDIT:

In case you haven't read through the thread - 3pm is the earliest time for arrival at Rough Close.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
No worries fella, I wouldn't bring an idiot! I won't be getting there until about half 5, so it won't be earlydoors...looking forward to it already! See you then.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Woohoo she says yes! I'm coming for around Sat afto till sun dinner. See you there.

Addo
corr
Aragorn
Bodge + some more (3)?
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
SASQUATCH (+1)
T1tch
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

Addo
corr
Aragorn
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
SASQUATCH (+1)
T1tch
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

With regret:sadwavey: I have removed myself from the list as we are hitting the road in the campervan and going to the acoustic festival on the Staffordshire/derbyshire border and then a bit of touring.
I will see you all at the next meet.:)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I havent booked the time of work so Ill have to come later on the friday, in which case I might bring Phil along (chauffeur!)

M

merrylegs

Addo
corr
Aragorn
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Merrylegs
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
SASQUATCH (+1)
T1tch
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz +1

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
Ok so i can get some old skirting boards for fire wood so the question is will that be necessary or is the site next to a wood yard and over full with fire wood?:dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE