Midgies!! Help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
Last weekend I was in midge hell at Ferny Crofts in the New Forest. Thursday night was a nightmare wiping then off my face while tring to set up the tents and marque, but apart from feeling a few bite as if trying me for flavour I did not end up with a single mark. Other people looked like they had a dose of the pox.

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
Nae had a bother with them this year so far, even a weekend up at loch lochy was fine and a walk round some boggy woodland a few days ago. However last year my garden was just a swarm, just the walk from the door to the car would end up with a dozen bites and a car full of them (this was at a run)

Anywhooo, a mate and I tried out boots the chemists kids midge spray as I had some to hand, we sat in the garden without a single bite. His black jumper had hundreds of them on it, just a total swarm, yet his arms (rolled up sleeves) did not have a single one.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharm...nsect-Repellent-Spray-6-months-125ml_1121504/

We have a bottle of the Avon SSS to hand which we are keeping near us on walks to give a good test on once things get midge mental, however if it gets cold it solidifies and it useless as a spray. Midges don't like the cold too much so not too bad but if you want to make your skin feel nice n pretty then you will need to warm it up ;-)

mr walloping

Mar 14, 2011
in my house
Autan is good for midges.But i will say if scotland had no midges then it would be covered in caravan parks etc by now.So at least they do something good

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE