Middlewood "Vertical Smoke 12" Halloween

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Right, not sure whether my messages got through or not, so ill ask again. Whatis the dealio with firewood at the site? Should I lug my own down, or will there be a communal fire to cook over? Hows the site for taking wood for tripods, spoons etc?

By the way, just got my Karrimor Jaguar through the post. Tis a beast! Don't have to worry about space anymore!

Originally posted by MadDave

Hi Matt

It's a very similar setup to Giants seat. Fires do have to be off ground except in the main fire pit which is huge and can be used for communal cooking but there are fire drums available from near the camp office. There are plenty of areas for hammocks or ground dwellers. Wood can be at a premium so bring some if you can and I'm sure your brother will be fine. It is halloween so fancy dress/pumpkins etc are always welcome for a bit of a giggle.
sigpic266_2.gif

As far as taking wood for spoons etc, they don't like us dropping trees but you can make use of any deadfall and there is usually some arborial work going on at the back end of the property.

All in all it shouldnt be a struggle

Dave

C

caerbannog

Wonderful :D Please could we be added to the list.
Caerbannog + 1 (we shall bring Tiffin)

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
If we are doing any skills share. I wouldent mind doing a talk about a bugout come survival kit, would anyone be intressed in a sit around with me sharing ideas?

I am thinking of having a chat with the warden and going the thur night if anyone is intressed PM me direct and i will sort it seperate to the camp ie fees.

Bob
Wayland (TBC) Gin Gan Goo
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
SimonM - apple crumble and custard
DaveBromley - Parkin Cake and Peanut brittle
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Jim_aramis - Baked Sweet Potatoes
Hammockhead + son (big un)
Drewdunnrespect (confirmed)
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Crowman & Fox - Mulled Wine
Trunks
Mentalnurse- marshmallows ( bring your own toasting sticks)
Phaestos
Mad Dave The award winning ****MAD DAVE CHILLI****
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns

Last edited:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Adding Dan to the list...

Bob
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Trunks - whatever I can find at Spar before I set off! Most likely crisps etc, but hoping for gingerbread men/women :)
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Dangerous Dan

Sent from myPhone

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
So Trunksy , are you bringing gingerbread men, or women? Gingerbread would probably be less earache ! ;-)

Bob
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Trunks - whatever I can find at Spar before I set off! Most likely crisps etc, but hoping for gingerbread men/women
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Dangerous Dan
Little Chief
V8Mule (Sat night)

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
As the scouts are using the top part of the wood, will we still be able to use the main fire pit?

Sent from myPhone

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
If we are doing any skills share. I wouldent mind doing a talk about a bugout come survival kit, would anyone be intressed in a sit around with me sharing ideas?

I am thinking of having a chat with the warden and going the thur night if anyone is intressed PM me direct and i will sort it seperate to the camp ie fees.

Bob
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Trunks
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns

I'd be interested in that discussion. I've got a few of my own suggestions to bring as well, in terms of ermergency handheld kits that fulfil much more of a useful role than those you can buy premade, if that's acceptable?

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Oh, I could bring along bannock for the Jacobs if that's cool with people? Someone else would have to provide a suitable pan for frying of course :p Billy cans aren't really big enough...

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
woop wooop

This is going to be epic by the sounds of it!!!!

Drew isnt going to make it though, So

Bob
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Drewdunnrespect NOT COMING AS HE HAS TO WORK
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Trunks - whatever I can find at Spar before I set off! Most likely crisps etc, but hoping for gingerbread men/women
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Dangerous Dan
Little Chief
V8Mule (Sat night)

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and finding some new ones too

Dave

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Bob
Wayland (Confirmed) Gin Gan Goo
Bilmo - Pot o' Beans
Welchyd1 (Dave) +1 Kyle
Drewdunnrespect NOT COMING AS HE HAS TO WORK
Melonfish
Calibanzwei
Phaestos
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
Snozz - Rockbuns
Dangerous Dan
Little Chief
V8Mule (Sat night)

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
Spoke to the site and we are ok to go to the camp on the thur 25th. There will only be the old toilet block open but we can use the site. I will take the payment for that night and sort it separate to the camp. PM me if your interested in the thur night.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I'll be making some whoopie slings for Snozz on the Saturday, if anyone is interested in watching? General amsteel splicing & might have some dutchware that I've never used for sale on Sunday too :)

Sent from myPhone

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Just got my hammock delivered! Looks complicated though, so I may need a brief tutorial on setting the thing up. Its a frontline, so I think theres more bells and whistles on it than the one I used at Giants Seat. Also bought the stuff to make my UQ, so fingers crossed I don't bugger it up. Really looking forward to this one, although if my brother, and possibly my mate if he can make it, come, there will be 3 of us weird vegetarian sods!

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
Just got my hammock delivered! Looks complicated though, so I may need a brief tutorial on setting the thing up. Its a frontline, so I think theres more bells and whistles on it than the one I used at Giants Seat. Also bought the stuff to make my UQ, so fingers crossed I don't bugger it up. Really looking forward to this one, although if my brother, and possibly my mate if he can make it, come, there will be 3 of us weird vegetarian sods!

i will be there from the thur and will use a DD travel hammock so you can have a look at mine and happy to lend a hand with your set up.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
these bloody vegimanarians are taking over lol

Ah well all the more meat for me lol

Might not be able to make this one chaps and chapettes, should know by tomorrow evening if i've got to work that weekend or not........ so fingers crossed for me please people.

Dave

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK

Like Carl said, there will be a few of us to help you out. Bring a camera and you can take reference pics at each stage to remind you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE