Middlewood - Spring 2008 Meet...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
I think I just sicked-up a little bit... :eek:

Trying to forget about that is a bit like closing Pandora's box.. (eww - the word box is spoilt for me now ;))

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Now these could have their uses, In times of emergencies you would have paracord to construct a shelter, and something to blow your nose on while you built it.

It could be used as a mini sail for a mini ship to go on a mini voyage.

or you could just keep nuts or shrivelled grapes in it.

It could even be made into a fashionable eye patch if the need arose.

I shall send these ideas to the colab alpkit comp and ask if I could have a late entry:lmao:

Bodge

As long as we ( makeitmyself and I) get accredited with design :p and all the associated fame that comes with winning ......

Ohh go on I'll let you have a bit of fame for putting us in for the prize.:headbang:

Greg

Well Alpkit have made an exception and given the firebreather /makeitmyself thong last minute entry to the colab comp.
thong3.jpg

I am of course going to have to get an agents fee when this baby wins and goes global,
I can see Pablo doing a vid review as I type.:red: :red: :red: :beerchug:

Bodge

PS. Woodlore are interested in taking this item for trials on the next arctic course.:naughty:

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
looool

Nice post Bodge - made me laugh hard enough to risk physical injury :D

On an unrelated note, Happy Birthday Matt :beerchug:

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Well Alpkit have made an exception and given the firebreather /makeitmyself thong last minute entry to the colab comp.
thong3.jpg

I am of course going to have to get an agents fee when this baby wins and goes global,
I can see Pablo doing a vid review as I type.:red: :red: :red: :beerchug:

Bodge

PS. Woodlore are interested in taking this item for trials on the next arctic course.:naughty:

Might be a bit cold in the arctic :cool:
Greg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Love it, a thong and a mat are on the same page, both to be used in conjunction with boulders! Don't know about you lot, but it looks like there would be a lot of spare room in that posing pouch!

As for the streamlined Santa costume, I really am not sure whether I want to see that or not!

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Please put me down + SWMBO (possibly +3 as Riam and missus might come)

Matt I've been studying your underblancket thread, have all the materials now and hope to have it ready to try out.

Thanks
Jim

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I am going to try to come to this one Matt, all depends on my knee.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Please put me down + SWMBO (possibly +3 as Riam and missus might come)

Matt I've been studying your underblanket thread, have all the materials now and hope to have it ready to try out.

Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim,

Best of luck with that, let us know how you're getting on. Hope you can all make it :)

I am going to try to come to this one Matt, all depends on my knee.

LOL Simon,

Coming ain't the issue - staying for more than 10 minutes after you have set up is the thing :lmao:

Sorry bud :eek: :D

You know what though, even though your lavvu was only up for ten minutes, after we striked your camp it felt like something was missing - a bit like when a building or tree that has been there for years disappears. Weird, but I hope you know what I mean.

Hope this meet is good for you :)

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I know I felt gutted that I had to leave, and embarassed really, It was good that everyone helped out and addo and aragorn were able to get me back. This time if I make it it will be after my op so fingers crossed my knee will be back to normal.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Was it nice? Our time was up so we didn't get to sample it unfortunately. Depending on the size of your back yard, I would probably try snaring the squirrels. Less chance of alarming the neighbours!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE