Middlewood - Spring 2008 Meet...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Thanks again for all responses but be aware that the dates aren't yet confirmed so may yet change (as the original Middlewood meet did :))

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
Take wellies everyone :lmao: i will have to see if work and cash allows.
This weekend falls on the same week as I finish uni and hopefully start work as a qualified nurse on the monday. So if i can make it it will be a huge celebration but I wont be getting too drunk as i need to be complus mentus on monday and not spaced out as I usually am following a trip away with you lot lol,

Greg

:lmao: trust me mate in our job "drunk is good":lmao:

As for the camp count me IN got my new hammock to try out.:rolleyes:

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
It's great to see more positive posts guys :D

Spam: I think you're right and we should use the area you suggest as I'm sure you said it was much drier up there. I have Corr's big white tarp that we used last time if we need to erect some cover.

OK then, I know it's early days yet and at this point pretty much everyone is a 'maybe' but I think a list is in order to gauge interest...

Matt Weir & tribe
Firebreather
Addo
Shewie
UKHaiku
Bodge
Bikething
SimonM
Singeblister
Chris G
Xylaria & tribe
Soggy Boots
Spamel
PJMCBear
Mentalnurse

Just add your name to the list if you are interested :)

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Matt Weir & tribe
Firebreather ÷ makeitmyself and poss adelle (one of her daughters)
Addo
Shewie
UKHaiku
Bodge
Bikething
SimonM
Singeblister
Chris G
Xylaria & tribe
Soggy Boots
Spamel
PJMCBear
Mentalnurse

Just add your name to the list if you are interested :)

Dont forget makeitmyself (lin) and possibly one of her daughters. So Im going to have a tipi full :lmao:
Greg

@ Matt
Matt, you mentioned that dates were not set in stone yet. are they likely to change now?
I have to get some planning done and earn some pass outs, also I have some driving and fork lift courses to sort out and dont want any of these to clash.The courses will be mid week but it will be frowned upon if i'm missing all week and w/end too :rolleyes:
I also note that there is a midlands meet brewing and hope they don't clash:theyareon

boomshanka

Bodge

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
hi matt ,
when i was at middlewood last i noticed a rifle range would it be poss to bring down my air rifle and use it on the range ( open to any one who would like a go) the range is out of the way and set up well for safety so shouldent be to many probs but best ask first.
thanks carl

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Good question, I would bring my Rapid if it is OK'ed, I'll ask Ratbag if he wouldn't mond bringing his and I could nick my brothers for the weekend too so plenty of different rifles to have a go on. At least my brothers' rifle is set at the legal limit now! :rolleyes:

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Good point chaps, I have a couple of rifles (one old and one new) that I was thinking of bringing.

I think it's a goer.

I will also bring the archery gear so a-shootin'-we-shall-go.

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Sounding like good fun :)

Just ordered a DD hammock through the Group Buy - so looking forwards to having a go with that - though of course I want to get out with it before then :)

Just to let you know, I'm a trained First Aider - and while this won't be inside of an office I'll be happy to help out if there are any injuries (provided I'm not too drunk of course :eek: ).

I might also be persuaded to give a few sample Reiki treatments at some point over the weekend... Not Bushcraft-related of course, but might be of interest to some people..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE