Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
thanks i will be hanging around with singeblister and firebreather but i am sure john has a forester axe him self.hope to see you there. carl (mentalnurse)

I have a sfa as well and should have some new toys as well.
John has made my new knife and its just lush. Hopefully I will get it off in the post in time for Topknot to do his stuff for me on the sheath and a matching axe mask. Then get it back in time for the meet. Either way i will be bringing another new knife (yet again made by John) and the sheath made by SWMBO. So two new knives and hopefully some new sheaths amongst other things like my tipi if SWMBO is coming or my new hammock if she isnt. So its going to be a good learning / play weekend for me .

Fingers crossed I might even have a new camera for the meet aswell.....arnt student loans great......its good to see that i am spending it on valuable worthwhile things for my course :D :D

Greg

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
As a newbie, wanting to learn, and intending to visit on the Saturday, Im beginning to feel rather illequiped (ie. I got nowt). Is there any piece of kit considered essential for even a day visit?

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I suppose at a push a flask and a butty and somewhere to sit so foldable chair/stool or even picnic blanket if you wish, whatever you need to be comfortable really.

Don't fret over talk about sharp and shiny things, just come down on the Sunday and say hello :D

edit: you won't miss us, were the ones dressed in green :D

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
As a newbie, wanting to learn, and intending to visit on the Saturday, Im beginning to feel rather illequiped (ie. I got nowt). Is there any piece of kit considered essential for even a day visit?

HHHmmmmmm ( leaning back stroking my goatee pondering) any essential kit..............yourself is all you need but as Matt says a good brew never goes amiss. Saying that there is always a kettle on the go somewhere. Pop over to me and I will sort you out with a brew as i am sure others will to.

I am a kit monster as are others on here. So its a great place to have a look at anything you are thinking of getting so it will help guide any purchases. To be honest Im an addict, I just love new toys. Dont be put off by the seemingly ever increasing list of kit. Yourself and a good sence of humour is all thats really needed.

Greg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you're just visiting for the day, bring a cup and maybe something to eat with, a spoon and a plastic plate or bowl would do. Warm clothing and waterproofs if you have them. If it rains, there will be plenty of places to sit in the dry, under a tarp or in someones' tent, so just what you would take on a dayhike really. No doubt there will be something going on, and we intend to have a group cook up with some oxtail soup so you'd be more than welcome to a bowl of soup and a brew.

Don't get too worried about kit, winter is the time when people have the most kit, for obvious reasons. You need the warm gear, the wet proof gear, a fire so you need tools to chop and split wood, the list goes on and on. Spring/summer is a better time to actually start getting the gear, you have January sales so you can grab a few bargains and then you can concentrate on the warm weather kit. If I think about the amount of money I've spent on quality gear, it is a lot but I live comfortably and can carry it all on my back.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
So......
Chair
Flask
Tarp
Spoon
Cup
Plate
Food
Thermals
Waterproofs
Brew kit
.... and a sense of humour

Got that lot already, thats me sorted and happier.
Can't wait. Just got to persuade the missus to let me off my lead. :)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Are there any other questions from anyone about anything?

I may not be able to answer them straight away but either someone will know or I will endeavour to find out.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Yes it is Loz :)

The cafe is sill open too although I'm not sue if it will be open at the time of the meet so I can't guarantee any successful fish and chip forays ;)

helly hanson

Jan 31, 2007
kinder scout
Hi this should work its only the second or third post ever. I am would like to meet some of you guys and girls at the next camp missed the on in the summer but i was in the area. would very much like some details of the meet. who do I pay?? bfn:)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi and welcome HH,

All the info you need is in this thread (somewhere :lmao: )so have a good read through and if there are any specific questions you have just fire away :)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
List to date...

Moschops
Gorilla + 1
Gailainne
thingswelike
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir and family
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear
Mentalnurse
SimonM + 1
Nichola
Addo (leg permitting)
Eds (hopefully)
Neanderthal & Kalahari
Lodian
Copper_head
Firebreather
Graham_S
Mountain Man
Chris G and possibly tribe
Bikething
Lazysod
helly hansen

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
List to date...

Moschops
Gorilla + 1
Gailainne
thingswelike
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir and family
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear
Mentalnurse
SimonM + 1
Nichola
Addo (leg permitting)
Eds (hopefully)
Neanderthal & Kalahari
Lodian
Copper_head
Firebreather & Lin (swmbo)
Graham_S
Mountain Man
Chris G and possibly tribe
Bikething
Lazysod
helly hansen

Not forgetting Lin (swmbo) also possibly another 2 ( Lin's daughter and her fella)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE