Mid-Length Boot ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yes it was the'' VIPERS'', On close inspection there were Tatty scuff / Rub marks on the Suede, the Glue was visual at the Sole to Fabric joint and to make thing's worse the Eyelets were all Plastic. But the Box was nice and looked ok from 5mtr's.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Miltec is a German brand for outdoor stuff in military stile. We get it every corner in surplus shops.

In Germany they are called "Müll - Teck" what translates to "rubbish tec".

In my opinion you make the better deal with Aldi boots. What doesn't mean, that I would recommend them.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I actually like the look of the Mil-Tec ''SQUAD'' 5 Low boots in Brown, Any owner's / user's of these ?.
As They look like they'd be a alright everyday boot, But my only concern is the 3 Suede eyelets / loops.
Cheer's

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I actually like the look of the Mil-Tec ''SQUAD'' 5 Low boots in Brown, Any owner's / user's of these ?.
As They look like they'd be a alright everyday boot, But my only concern is the 3 Suede eyelets / loops.
Cheer's

A friend had a pair.
They had atrocious soles, especially if you use them as an everyday boot.
The problem is the material the sole is made from. When it's wet, if you step on something like a bit of metal (i.e. drain cover etc) you will slip on it.
Very dangerous.
OK, so not so likely to happen in the woods, but in case you do wear them in town...

Truth is, you shouldn't really scrimp on footwear.
The last thing you want is knackered feet.
I know it's attractive to find a cheap product that does the job well, but often things are cheap for a good reason - corners have been cut.
On some items that may be a compromise worth making.
But not when it comes to your feet (or, for example, a helmet if you're a motorcyclist).
I know that's easier said than done if money is not so available. But there are some decent boots in your price range.
I don't know what the best boot for you is, but I would advise to stop looking at the budget brands.

Reactions: lostplanet

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
A friend had a pair.
They had atrocious soles, especially if you use them as an everyday boot.
The problem is the material the sole is made from. When it's wet, if you step on something like a bit of metal (i.e. drain cover etc) you will slip on it.
Very dangerous.
OK, so not so likely to happen in the woods, but in case you do wear them in town...

Truth is, you shouldn't really scrimp on footwear.
The last thing you want is knackered feet.
I know it's attractive to find a cheap product that does the job well, but often things are cheap for a good reason - corners have been cut.
On some items that may be a compromise worth making.
But not when it comes to your feet (or, for example, a helmet if you're a motorcyclist).
I know that's easier said than done if money is not so available. But there are some decent boots in your price range.
I don't know what the best boot for you is, but I would advise to stop looking at the budget brands.

Thats the best bit of advice regarding foot wear I have heard on this site and worded exactly. spot on.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've just spotted the ''Pentagon Achilles Tactical XTR 6 Boots'', I'm very interested ''Gen''.
sorry for more help, but anyone know about the Quality and feel of these boots.
cheers

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Please let me know about these boots if your in the know, as I've been reading the Spec's and they say that there 6'' High, does that mean from underside of the Sole or From the inside of the boot.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Please let me know about these boots if your in the know, as I've been reading the Spec's and they say that there 6'' High, does that mean from underside of the Sole or From the inside of the boot.
Think ankle boots mate.

6inch boot image drawn from google search
12a974064f00615afcda07b128119314.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Anyone know the Back Height of these Boots ? as I have searched on loads of site's and found nothing, A mate's just asked me to try to find out as he's interested / dead set on buying a pair.
Merrell Moab 2 Leather Mid GTX Walking Boots
Cheer's

Last edited:

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I have had some Haix light weight boots and I am a very satisfied customer. They hold water, breath reasonably and fit me exactly. Seem to last too, the only downside I know is that some Haix boots do not like sub 0C weather, the sole gets hard and slippery.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
They hold water is that in your Boots? or out of them.
I've basically gave him all of the advice that I had from my 1st ? and he seems set on the Merrell Boots, And on the Pic's and Vid's that I have looked at there aren't any Spec's on them.
Cheer's

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
There ''16cm'', I contacted a store by phone and fairplay someone answered working from home and so she then contacted there main supplier and within 1hr Rang me back to let me know.
cheer's

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
:) Haix did keep the water out. I have used mine mostly in winter time for four years and GT is still keeping dihydrogenmonoxide out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE