mid-high end folding knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Very nice , I do like that spidey slysz bowie!
Might have to add it to the collection... Proving quite difficult to convince swmbo that I need more knives though...
Will have to order something for her too at the same time. 😎
Ain't I sweet?! ;)

Diversion tactics or Kansas city shuffle as they say...

Any additional advice on how to appease the opposition is welcome...
:)

IMG_0261.jpg

Anyhoo, I hope you got some butter on that bread chief ??!😁

ATB

Last edited:

Chui

Feb 18, 2010
London
Anyhoo, I hope you got some butter on that bread chief ??!

ATB

- ah.....no!!

What I do, is to break the egg-yolk all over the toast, layer the bacon carefully on top, then layer the eggs over that (broken sunny-side up)..........then chomp through it all in sheer and utter delight..!

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
- ah.....no!!

What I do, is to break the egg-yolk all over the toast, layer the bacon carefully on top, then layer the eggs over that (broken sunny-side up)..........then chomp through it all in sheer and utter delight..!
Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooo.....😱
😂
You gotta have butter man, I do like the yolk too... But butter is a wonderful product, multi purpose , tons of uses...
I think I'll leave it there...

:)

Last edited:
I love me some bacon and eggs. Best with a pint at the airport I've found!

I am indeed in a spin - I feel I should clarify a bit more!

I don't like, particularly American style hollow ground or tiny bevelled blade.
Scandi or convex for me all the way. I will consider other options. The spyderco knives seem to have a reasonable geometry.

I will look at the Bradley titanium in a while, also EKA and also fallkniven. I like the DC4 after all...

The search continues! This has literally taken up most of my free time for 2 weeks!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
If you have the spare cash and can find one for sale, something from the Shirogorov brothers is a solid choice for a real high end folder. Functionality wise I can recommend something by Mick Strider (I have an smf its brilliant) careful though there are a lot of Chinese clones on the market. That being said I prefer a cheap copy of a medford praetorian to my real medford praetorian (sorry Greg!)

As for the spyderco Bradley again brilliant knives, I have a fixed blade Bradley bowie by them, spyderco and Gale Bradley coming together it was always a recipe for success!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Really appreciated.

Bear in mind, at this price range, if I don't LOVE the colour, I won't get it unless it's Alu or titanium for customizability.

I'll check out those heinnie links, I do like HH, they've sold me cheap, tough kit on 2 occasions. My last EDC I bought from them I lost sadly! A CRKT. Decided to move up in the world.

Still looking... :)

Last edited:

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
I just bought the new Benchmade 940-2 G10. I also blame Wranglerstar for this.:rolleyes:

940-2_1.jpg

It's a bit cheaper than the normal version and the G10 won't scratch as easy as the aluminium one.

I'm curious if it's as nice as everyone says it is.

Good luck!!!

Jasper

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
- aha!

In which case, I'd go for this fella http://www.heinnie.com/enzo-borka-90 - presuming you do not need the legal 'edc' aspect

Or, this one if you do http://www.heinnie.com/enzo-pk70-micarta-green-scandi

The Borka is a stunner, and mighty comfy in the hand too - probably the best of its type I've handled, pic below...

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-04%20at%2013.16.42.png

you've just reminded me that I have one of these tucked away somewhere and your description is so compelling I feel the need to give it a second chance! 😄

I recall that when I purchased it I was unhappy with the position of the back lock which I felt would make your hand sore with prolonged use. Also, the thumb stub was so close to the pivot that I couldn't open the blade with it. Anyhow, I figure it deserves a second chance as the fit and finish is superb.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Benchmade are genuinely good but those BB locks are crapola mind. Had more than one fail

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Benchmade are genuinely good but those BB locks are crapola mind. Had more than one fail
Hey Mick, plenty of mid range info on here for your KvK over on the other side huh?
Look fwd to that....
Still looking for a silver dollar to send to you , the Buzzard is awesome by the way... Put it through its paces last week, still razor sharp!
Thanks mate

All the best

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Hey Mick, plenty of mid range info on here for your KvK over on the other side huh?
Look fwd to that....
Still looking for a silver dollar to send to you , the Buzzard is awesome by the way... Put it through its paces last week, still razor sharp!
Thanks mate

All the best

That's true! Plenty of inspiration. Glad the knife is treating you well mate always awesome to hear :D

I just bought the new Benchmade 940-2 G10. I also blame Wranglerstar for this.:rolleyes:

940-2_1.jpg

It's a bit cheaper than the normal version and the G10 won't scratch as easy as the aluminium one.

I'm curious if it's as nice as everyone says it is.

Good luck!!!

Jasper
The Alu version is £155 on heinnie and the carbon fibre is £250? You're not talking about the one with S60V steel are you?
I totally blame wranglerstar for my fixation on this damn knife. I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Mick, I've not heard anything but praise for the benchmade lock mechanism, is that the one you're talking about? Care to share?

I lot of these knives a gorgeous but around £100 out of price range.
I guess I should rename the thread mi-range eye candy folder lol.

Those lionsteel knives... My word. I might have to.....

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
The Alu version is £155 on heinnie and the carbon fibre is £250? You're not talking about the one with S60V steel are you?
I totally blame wranglerstar for my fixation on this damn knife. I'm ready to pull the trigger.

The Benchmade 940-2 is a new model, it's like the normal Alu version but with a black G10 handle.
I think there made in batches and they are hard to get at the moment.
They should be about £10 cheaper than the normal version.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchmade-940-2-Osborne-AXIS-Lock--36208

[video=youtube;UTBhCNQpFl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTBhCNQpFl0[/video]

I just received mine from the states. At first glance the G10 looks a bit cheap and smooth but it doesn't feel "slippery" in your hands.
If you don't mind the "Boba Fett look" after some years, I think I would prefer the green aluminium version.
The price at Hennie's is very reasonable compared to the £200 in my country.:(

Jasper

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE