mid-high end folding knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
The Benchmade 940-2 is a new model, it's like the normal Alu version but with a black G10 handle.
I think there made in batches and they are hard to get at the moment.
They should be about £10 cheaper than the normal version.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchmade-940-2-Osborne-AXIS-Lock--36208

[video=youtube;UTBhCNQpFl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTBhCNQpFl0[/video]

I just received mine from the states. At first glance the G10 looks a bit cheap and smooth but it doesn't feel "slippery" in your hands.
If you don't mind the "Boba Fett look" after some years, I think I would prefer the green aluminium version.
The price at Hennie's is very reasonable compared to the £200 in my country.:(

Jasper
They only just came back in stock in HH.

Honestly a G10, micarta, plastic, and even wooden handle doesn't interest me at all for this particular purchase. This one item I want to be all metal, with the option of customising it further.

That said if anyone wanted to sell me a mother of pearl fallkniven for £150 I'd be game! Lol

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Have a look at LB custom knives. Lee makes some stunning top end folders and they are all custom. You will never see two the same.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
02467825a04ee5b3b5ba05246399abaf.jpg
cec35f1abb1186f953d3827814a013cb.jpg
9df8bd498361e8b059b4313f3aea14e7.jpg
08fc734f4cd1d560d65a50da59ec135e.jpg

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mick, I've not heard anything but praise for the benchmade lock mechanism, is that the one you're talking about? Care to share?
From personal experience here. The BB lock is indeed very good if its done right. But with the benchmarks I have experienced it isn't done right, the lockup is very early but isn't as secure as you would hope. The BB doesn't engage enough and makes for a lock that is fine with lateral pressure but hates vibration, tap the spine against the flat of your palm a few times and you'll see what I mean. Not just lock rock but it actively disengages. Weird I know but it happens. I've found the compression lock on the spydie PM2 suffers the same thing. Depending on what you're using it for it'll work fine, but any vibration or cyclic load it'll go. Not to say its a bad knife, quite the opposite I really like benchmade and have a few, but that lock to me is sub par for what you're used to from the likes of BM. I have a microtech with a similar lock however that's totally solid. Maybe a bad one

Ok thank you everyone for all of the input. I'll 'be starting a new thread soon about something else if you fancy talking full tang beaters.

I decided I wanted to go with the benchmade in the end. I looked at everything, and almost got a lionsteel from HH for same price but it just didn't feel right. I'll let you know how I get on with it. I'm both apprehensive and excited!!!

I have bookmarked and screenshotted all of the other suggestions as they look fantastic and I would one day like to own one of the others, just right now, out of reach as I just got my first job out of uni.

Thanks again, update soon!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Update for all:

I received my benchmade 940.

It was on first impressions very different in a lot of ways. All of them good ones. I'm on my phone so I can't tell you about them all but let this at least suffice for now: I am in love

The way it works. Maybe I need to try some other nice knives too but right now it's perfect for me. Honestly just perfect. The edge is sharper than I expected out of the box since people's complaints, but definitely enough for actual use, not just slice strips of paper all day........ Why do people do that anyway?

Rest assured however my search was not pointless. You input has been invaluable and I have bookmarked everything. I value your time and effort into helping me find something and I may well get another soon. God... I might be catching knife fever!

I bought a Kershaw half ton immediately afterwards and I'm very impressed by its quality for such a price, when the Svord peasant has been such a disappointing buy so far. At £15 I didn't expect as much work as 10 quid machete.

Anyway... Benchmade 940. As close to physical poetry I have experienced a knife to be so far.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The 940, as you have just discovered, is an excellent knife. I'm no fan of thumbstuds interfering with my blade usage, but in this case I'll let it go ;)

For a bruiser folder, Benchmade Griptilian. I'm still toting my Spyderco Paramilitary2 for most tasks home and garden, but it doesn't feel as sturdy as the Grip. No thumbstuds though, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Now, about these full tang beaters? I've had a few.....:cool:

The 940, as you have just discovered, is an excellent knife. I'm no fan of thumbstuds interfering with my blade usage, but in this case I'll let it go ;)

For a bruiser folder, Benchmade Griptilian. I'm still toting my Spyderco Paramilitary2 for most tasks home and garden, but it doesn't feel as sturdy as the Grip. No thumbstuds though, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Now, about these full tang beaters? I've had a few.....:cool:
I just don't like the pocket clip, all pocket clips I have ever had make the knife very uncomfortable to me. The only knife I have forgiven that with is the Kershaw half ton as its so cheap I wouldn't cry over losing it, I can beat on it and open bottles with it and it's small enough so a pocket clip isn't in the way, but improves its accessibility and in fact keeps it out of the way of other items deep in pocket.

I used it for a full week in Portugal as lock knives are legal there. Perfect holiday knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE