Micro stoves...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I used to use a hexy block with three nails stuck in the ground for a mess tin/metal mug to sit on, but the pebbles is even better as you don't need to carry them. Just don't get them from a river!

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
I made a Mini Zen Chimney/Sideburner Stove and it works great is super light weight and you dont need a stand as you sit your cup/billy on top of the stove.
I also made a wind shield out of a foil take away tray that is in two parts and hold it together with two paper clips and a lid for the cup out of the bottom of a can of peanuts which is a perfect fit(can of peanuts from HomeBargains).
The stove and wind shield fit inside my Life Venture Stainless Steel Mug along with a tea spoon,tea bags and sugar.
I use a small hip flask to carry meths for the stove and all the kit takes up very little space in a response pak(the cup fits one of the side pockets with space to spare)and could all be carried in a jacket pocket if you wanted,even the smallest gas stove and canister will take up much more space and be a lot heavier.
http://zenstoves.net/LowPressure.htm
Scroll down a little on the above link to the stove made from a RedBull can and that is the one.
Hope this helps.

Solitude

Tenderfoot
I am after a tiny stove to put into a response pack for that all important brew time...What ones are the smallest and will fit into a brew kit. I know msr do the pocket rocket, but are there better ones or more versatile ones...?
Ideas appreciated.....

This is a new one, bet youve not seen one of these before:

Folding stove with multifuel capability

http://www.madbearoutdoors.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=koveastove

Looks great, have a little shipment arriving soon in the UK!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
This is a new one, bet youve not seen one of these before:

Folding stove with multifuel capability

http://www.madbearoutdoors.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=koveastove

Looks great, have a little shipment arriving soon in the UK!

Very good, but £160......woah ... I always thought my whisperlite was expensive..Not any more. I bet it will sell though. Like the tool kit too...

Thanks for all the idea's peeps, I am going to do the hexy block idea, its the simplest, smallest and proberbly the cheapest too.

Solitude

Tenderfoot
Very good, but £160......woah ... I always thought my whisperlite was expensive..Not any more. I bet it will sell though. Like the tool kit too...

Thanks for all the idea's peeps, I am going to do the hexy block idea, its the simplest, smallest and proberbly the cheapest too.

Unfortunately we have to work off the price it comes in at, i suppose that being duel fuel its like two stoves in one, the folding design and the flexibility have to be at a premium above the non singing and dancing ones!! ( oh didnt i mention it sings and dances although that was after a few beers!!)
:lmao:

Like this thread lots of good ideas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE