Meths Burner/Bush Cooker Combination

Crafty

Forager
Apr 7, 2009
...Location.... Location....
I used my trangia meths burner inside my Bush cooker today and the results were fantastic, the largest and hottest flame I have seen come the Trangia meths burner - Just something you might perhaps want to try.

On a second note, how does the air come in from the bottom of The Bush Cooker/Bush Buddy? I can't see any holes but I know air gets in (and ash gets out) somehow!

Podcast Bob

Since I've pointed this 'feature' out to numerous wood stove users, the feedback has always been the same. As the Bush Cooker, insulates the meths stove within from thebreeze, heats the rising air in the channel and then mixes it with the flame, the performance is always considerably better.

The video on my site shows a quick graphic of how the air flows through a Bush Cooker. It comes in through the bottom at the sides and is then split, flowing partly into the fire box area and then up the inner channel between the skins.

Simple, but very, very effective. Glad you think so too!

Crafty

Forager
Apr 7, 2009
Thanks Bob for your explanation!
I'm just wondering also - Where is The Bush Cooker made? It doesn't matter but it seems very well manufactered compared to what I have seen in some stoves.

Crafty

Forager
Apr 7, 2009
Here are some pictures of the meths burner in the bush cooker, the link to the video is at the bottom:

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtrfaXBnGZ0

Comments Appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE