Men Only Foraging Thread

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Had about 20lb of Maris Pipers from last year sprouting. Some salt marsh grazed beef thats been too long in the freezer, the last of the onions from last year were sprouting...as was the garlic...and some cheddar was going hard in the fridge. I also had some good beef stock and a bottle of "nog" for gravy.

Oh and BB is out tonight, so I am having a small salad :D. Nothing Cottage Pie related here, move along!

Cottage Pie by British Red, on Flickr

Too many spuds left over those so the pies are for the freezer. The remaining spuds and onions have been combined with a tin of corned beef - two large trays of which are baking and the rest frying....to be consumed with brown sauce of course.

Left overs are great :lmao:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Good job, i have just eaten, some would consider this post unfair at dinner time!

Very nice fork work on the mash mind.

Ivan...

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice one mate, they look good.

We're baking pies as i type funnily enough...

The chap who i share the allotments with works at the slaughterhouse round the corner. Yesterday he brought me 3kg of beef skirt and 2 beef kidneys. So were making steak and kidney pies. Rachael has just done the pastry, i've done the meat in the same way my grandma used to.... lovely :)

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
I can smell it now yumm, and the corned beef hash sounds great to. When you say small salad, you mean a leaf or show the plate the salad in the fridge and then shut the door :lmao::lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I love cottage pie

Can't be beaten can it? plenty of gravy and some black pepper...mmmmm

BB isn't keen weirdly so when I make some I make a load and freeze....easier that way. Then when the fire is lit, I just sling one in the oven - that's tea sorted!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE