Mega Horn and Camo Twin Peak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Podcast Bob

I've got a couple of items taking space here which may be of interest to everybody this side of Xmas. I know they are very popular with this community so I thought I would offer them here first.

One is a used Luxe Mega Horn, which is complete and in good condition apart from a 12 inch rip in the snow skirt (the bit below the lower edge of the tent) which can be cut off, repaired or just tied out of the way. £100

The other is a Luxe Camo Twin Peaks, which is huge and ideal for small groups or families. It is complete and as new but it doesn't come with poles, so will need either to cut two staffs, or a pair of walking poles. Normally these are £230+ but again just £100.

I'll ship these within the UK via FedEx at £7.50 so you can have them without delay. If there's no takers here I'll pass them onto eBay in the next few days.

Podcast Bob

The Mega Horn is the current model which is for sale at full price on backpackinglight.co.uk

As to putting a stove inside, I have no experience of trying it, but I would love to discuss it with people who have done inside a nylon tent to tell me what you need and how it works out as I get that question all the time.

I've not heard of a Stove Jack until now, so can these be sewn into any material for a stove or are there limits?

This looks like something for me to explore in greater detail.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hi Bob,

The Mega Horn will easily take a stove either through the centre opening:

5210513.jpg

or via a stove jack. There's plenty of info on the net:

hot_stove.jpg

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Is the material fire resistant though bob?

I guess that's the first thing that needs to be figured out before thinking about fitting a stove in one.

But it is a bargain for that price!!

Cheers

Leave only footprints take only memories

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I would think sewing in a stove jack would be easy to do. You would need to check whether the top hat on the megahorn can be left in place with a flue through it. The guff lists it as removable but you wouldnt want to completely remove it. Bob would also need to confirm its fire retarded nylon. This wont stop you getting holes but it will stop ignition of your sleeping quarters :D

edit: Jacko too quick for me :D

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
The Mega Horn is the current model which is for sale at full price on backpackinglight.co.uk

As to putting a stove inside, I have no experience of trying it, but I would love to discuss it with people who have done inside a nylon tent to tell me what you need and how it works out as I get that question all the time.

I've not heard of a Stove Jack until now, so can these be sewn into any material for a stove or are there limits?

This looks like something for me to explore in greater detail.

Thanks for the info.
On backpackinglight, I saw this:

I think I've seen a picture showing a stove pipe coming out through the vent (unless I'm confusing it with the 5m Deluxe Bell Tent that I was also looking at this afternoon...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE