meeting kit list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 16, 2011
coventry
yeh thats good advise decorum i intend to bring everything with me this time as it is my first bushcraft weekend and then learn from this what doesnt need bringing in the future! better to be over prepared i think.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We tend to not have a main communal area, opting instead for multiple smaller congregations in the evenings at a few of the pitches ~ it's better to make proper provision for self catering than to plan on rolling up at someones pitch and beg indulgence(s) at meal times.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no ~ as above, it's always better to be sure and the only way to be sure is to have the ability to sort yourself out.

I guess I need to get myself to Rough Close one month :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

You'll be most welcome
happy0005.gif

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
yeh thats good advise decorum i intend to bring everything with me this time as it is my first bushcraft weekend and then learn from this what doesnt need bringing in the future! better to be over prepared i think.

Best way to approach it... plus as you're car camping it won't matter that much lugging extra gear :)

Also try to bring some extra firewood as well as it's a bit thin on the ground at RC

Yes you do Shewie :D

There's usually a 3 day one in the spring so it'd make sense to aim for that one as you're making a long journey :)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I went without seats the first few meets and it was literally a PIA- the first I had food traumas too so plan your eating in advance- theres no snobbery over homemade vs pouch :) As a noob myself, I did the 'pack and reduce' style which has worked brilliantly, getting lighter all the time :) I forget something every time but hey, unlikely you'll suffer more than moderate discomfort.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE