Measuring 3 inches (non-locking); law and practice?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Seems to me that UK laws are often written with a bit of ambiguity built in from the start.
Even driving offences where theres lots of clearly written laws then a catch all Driving Without Due Care and Attention type law that mops up the silly things people do but the law can't predict and basically means driving like an idiot.

The offensive weapon part kind of works the same way but its worth bearing in mind that BE VERY CAREFULL INDEED ABOUT ACCEPTING A POLICE CAUTION.
It can adversely affect your work choices for a long time. It is often NOT just a lets do that and get it out of the way thing and you might be better off explaining things in court than accepting a caution from a policeman who might be ill informed.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
An Otter Mercator Small brass one.

Looks a nice knife. First site I found it on said the blade length is 80mm though. Tricky to argue that it's shorter if someone advertises it as longer.

However, I imagine you're not likely to be pulled by the police to worry and it's also a non-knife person friendly looking knife as opposed to some other makes. If looked at, that may be enough. Lastly, you have space to reshape the tip if you want to be completly safe.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Heinnie state its a 7.7 blade with a 7.2 cutting edge

easy enough to knovk a mill or 2 off to be sure

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Looks a nice knife. First site I found it on said the blade length is 80mm though. Tricky to argue that it's shorter if someone advertises it as longer.

However, I imagine you're not likely to be pulled by the police to worry and it's also a non-knife person friendly looking knife as opposed to some other makes. If looked at, that may be enough. Lastly, you have space to reshape the tip if you want to be completly safe.
That's the thing, nobody minds this knife when I pull it out to cut the tape off parcels etc, whereas a 2" or 2.5" one that looks more "extreme" gets lots of raised eyebrows and comments.

I've got an other one that's slightly shorter and much cheaper but still nonthreatening looking that I use when out and about. So I'm not too worried. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE