MCQBushcraft - Introduction to Bushcraft series

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
If you find somewhere, please let me know.

He (MCQ) got his from Axminster tools, but with postage it comes out expensive, and I couldn't justify buying extra stuff just to save on postage. In the end I bought a 500g bar of Silverline blue honing compound off eBay. Used it a couple of days ago on a leather strop and it works a treat, although I can't compare it with real Smurf Poo as I've never tried it.
 
What? This? Clicky

503926_xl.jpg
 
I like Mike's videos but do have one problem with him.... His continued use of lead shot for the catapult. It surely wouldn't be a great hardship for him to swop it out for steel shot instead?
 
Neither glass nor steel has the same kinetic energy (hitting power) that lead does. You're much less likely to end up with a wounded animal when using well placed lead ammo.

Beg to differ, using the shot size he does there will be negligible difference in velocity, accuracy and "killing" power between steel and lead shot. At least with steel shot he isn't in danger of contaminating anything.
 
I didn't say that there would be no difference, just that at the size shot he uses it would be "negligible"* Even if he had to move up a couple of shot sizes it would be a small price to pay for not contaminating anything.

*Negligible - Not significant or important enough to be worth considering HTH.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE