MCQBushcraft - Introduction to Bushcraft series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
If you find somewhere, please let me know.

He (MCQ) got his from Axminster tools, but with postage it comes out expensive, and I couldn't justify buying extra stuff just to save on postage. In the end I bought a 500g bar of Silverline blue honing compound off eBay. Used it a couple of days ago on a leather strop and it works a treat, although I can't compare it with real Smurf Poo as I've never tried it.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
What? This? Clicky

503926_xl.jpg

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Here's Episode 9 - Water Filtration & Disinfection

[video=youtube;FI82HzbIohs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI82HzbIohs[/video]

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
I like Mike's videos but do have one problem with him.... His continued use of lead shot for the catapult. It surely wouldn't be a great hardship for him to swop it out for steel shot instead?

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Neither glass nor steel has the same kinetic energy (hitting power) that lead does. You're much less likely to end up with a wounded animal when using well placed lead ammo.

Beg to differ, using the shot size he does there will be negligible difference in velocity, accuracy and "killing" power between steel and lead shot. At least with steel shot he isn't in danger of contaminating anything.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
I didn't say that there would be no difference, just that at the size shot he uses it would be "negligible"* Even if he had to move up a couple of shot sizes it would be a small price to pay for not contaminating anything.

*Negligible - Not significant or important enough to be worth considering HTH.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE