Maya Dust

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rod

On a new journey
For what it's worth I found mixing it with thistle down and some birch bark makes a pretty good tinder bundle. I agree that on its own its pants and that the tin is the best bit!

Have used Maya Sticks - which are ace. You used to be able to get these on the Light My Fire UK website http://www.lightmyfire.uk.com/swedish_firesteel_maya_dust.html, but as with all good things - they disappear... :confused:

Now's your chance to corner the market Tone! ;)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Grasshopper said:
For what it's worth I found mixing it with thistle down and some birch bark makes a pretty good tinder bundle.

Yeah, that's the mix I generally use for the firesteel. Very good tinder IMHO. :)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i have maya sticks, they smell nice and make go tinder when you shred them and use them with something that will take a spark, but really in an ideal situation its better to collect all your tinder in the field, not relying on stuff you have brought with you.. and if you really need to carry something with you to help you get going you may as well use the space wisely and pack something 100% reliable like wetfire tinder or vasaline wool balls.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE