May 7th-8th-9th Somerset Bushcraft Meet/Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Yep, that's pretty much it.
Been doing it for the best part of my life, going down the beach when the grockles go home to watch X factor and staying there all night.
Watch the sun go down, bit of fishing/foraging, cook up some grub and have a kip.

you "used" to do that, when you had a labour MP in dorset west... now you have a tory like here in west somerset (always been a safe tory seat) you may find the freedoms youve previoulsy enjoyed will be curtailed

remember, any more than 6 people and music with a repetitive beat equals a rave and you will be nicked and have your radio confiscated.... thanks maggie for outlawing dancing :(

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Ok, should we make this 'extra-curricular' to the main program i.e. 'as well as' the regular meet, on a different date as opposed to 'instead of' the regular meet?
I'm going to go ahead and do what I've always done and should I happen to bump into any of my bushcraft buddies whilst down there, so be it.
If anyone's up for a fish/forage session PM for where/when.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Ok, should we make this 'extra-curricular' to the main program i.e. 'as well as' the regular meet, on a different date as opposed to 'instead of' the regular meet?
I'm going to go ahead and do what I've always done and should I happen to bump into any of my bushcraft buddies whilst down there, so be it.
If anyone's up for a fish/forage session PM for where/when.

You lot catch it i'll cook it....
I think Friday nights meal was a good'un wasn't it Salad?

Well actually i'll try to catch sumthin but i've always been crap!
Dorset coast here we come!
FYGT may even join us... Dorset tomorrow, the world next week! Somerset Bushcraft Worldwide domination! We certainly have the weapons/tools!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
That's a good days fishing Phil.
What did you get them on? I had a walk round a pond last week and there were loads of mayflies emerging.

relfy

Nomad
I was so sorry i couldn't make it to the last one, sounds like you had a good time! and thanks Salad for your pm. (In the end my friend was stuck in poland so i ended up doing nothing much.... *sigh* and Grrr. that's the last time I hang about for a 'maybe') I'm definitely up for a coastal meet! just bandy around some dates... :D

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
You lot catch it i'll cook it....
I think Friday nights meal was a good'un wasn't it Salad?

Well I have been fishing today. now time for some more trout mate

id take a couple of them off your hands if not all promised :)

on the note of coastal meet.. well more fishy meet......

thats what im off doing this weekend, off to a woodland campsite that has fishing lakes by the pitches

its a campsite as i say, so not bushcrafting but a nice looking place all the same, seems highly sanitised but you can camp in the trees, have fires and fish (sadly barbless hooks and fish back to the ponds (unless it happened to just "die" of course, then it would be a waste not to eat it) will be taking fish in the cooler anyways, so we can at least pretend to eat what we catch.. or indeed eat if we dont catch?

going with my son and a mate (who i intend to bring along to a meet at some point)

the place is riversidelakes by poole, dorrrset

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
id take a couple of them off your hands if not all promised :)

Your welcome to come round for a couple of fish and a cup of tea mate.These are a bit bigger than yer shop got ones:)

was thinking about calling in on way to dorrrrrset, thinking you were over jays way, but i see your north of me :( leave from work/school on friday and working late tomoz.. bugger :(

will have to be next time, they do look good though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE