May 7th-8th-9th Somerset Bushcraft Meet/Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

relfy

Nomad
Hi guys, I'm a bit late for this time, but I've been looking enviously at your group and wondering if.. maybe I could come and gatecrash next time? Would that be allowed, me living in Gloucestershire? (I come from Cornwall, does that help any?) :) We dont really have anything going here in Glos yet and you look like you have so much fun!
I feel like I should introduce myself but I'm not really sure what to say...um... I can cook pretty well! :D

El

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
so? was it fun? what did you get upto? :)

I think fun was had by all...
It was a bit windy but no rain thankfully!

Bushwhacker made a nice appearance and Baz turned up for a bit on Friday.
It was gear galore with Sibearian Fury's knife collection...

Need to look at the next one now lol

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
It was a good crack Jon. James did a great job with cooking the pigeon.

Further to what I said on the night, how does everyone feel about a coastal bushcraft session for the next one?

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
We only managed to get up there for the friday evening. Gutted we couldn't say. Good to see you guys again though.

Coastal bushcraft sounds great... Anywhere in mind?

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
It was a good crack Jon. James did a great job with cooking the pigeon.

Further to what I said on the night, how does everyone feel about a coastal bushcraft session for the next one?

Does sound good... I am a little bit worried about the practicality of it tho lol
Location?
Will we have permission?
Acessability?
and if the weather is good sleeping bags are all thts needed but if t weather isn't good its one of those things tht would have to be cancelled at last min and considerin how hard it is to organise a meet if it got cancelled it be a bummer.

But i am game if we can sort it

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
we wont get permission anywhere on the somerset coast that i am aware of...... most beaches are "owned" by the various district councils who are a tad retentive about these things (had a run in with sedgemoor years ago about a beach party at Brean... im a responsible person, was all done in the greenest of ways with all rubbish carried back out, tried to do us for a fire, they just couldn't see that below watermark is fine, ..:( )

take a look on my facebook friends for a 'beach hut'....... see what can be done if anyone knows of anywhere hard to get to! lol

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
ps, if the weather is good, wont even need sleeping bags. slept on weston beach many moons ago (ok, 23 years ago?!?!?) with nothing more than the hay from the donkey troughs! lol

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
beach fishermen stay on the beaches all night with no hassel at all. As I will bring my beach caster ,then we are fishermen:)

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Been doing it for the best part of my life, going down the beach when the grockles go home to watch X factor and staying there all night.
Watch the sun go down, bit of fishing/foraging, cook up some grub and have a kip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE