Maxpedition Rat Wallet and Trangia 27

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Ive been looking at getting a maxpedition rat wallet for edc and a Trangia 27 non stick (been using an old army surplus trangia so far, but find it a bit clumsy for making a brew). Just wondered if anyone owned or had experience of either. Im just after some opinions really, good or bad. :)

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I use Trangia 25 (bigger) with both 25 & 27 pans. The 27 pans are all non stick and only the 25 fry pan is non stick. I use wooden spoons and a plastic spatula and take care not to scratch the non stick stuff as that is easy to do. If I didn't canoe with it where weight is not an issue I would have non stick fry pan with a ordinary pots if that makes sense? I use both gas and meths for cooking with my Trangias. (My army surplus one sits in the boot of the car for emergency tea duty together with a MRE.) hope that helps.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I have the Rat Wallet and I am not sure what it's for. It's too fat to be a wallet in your pocket and the phone pouch on the outside is too small for a Blackberry/Iphone etc. I suppose on your belt it's OK.

I also have a Trangia 27 - but mine is the Duossal model (stainless steel on the inside, Aluminium on the outside). I find it a very good size for 1 or 2, and awesome with the optional gas burner. I agree with Alan that the non-stick frying pan is useful, but I would just as soon have normal other pots as I think the non-stick coating is a liability.

On my Trangia 25, I have the non-stick frying pan only - other pans are normal alu. I also have the round strainer/chopping board that fits inside the frying pan - mainly to protect the non-stick coating of the frying pan from scratches when the Trangia is packed up.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm a real Trangia fan, go get one, you won't be disappointed :) If you get an all aluminium one get a non stick flan pan for a couple of quid to use as a frying pan, you don't need to pay extra for the all non stick set up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE