Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Been into go outdoors to buy a 25 size trangia set with Gas burner also non stick and was told it doesn’t come with a non stick pan, is it just go outdoors or do they not do it anymore, in case someone is upto speed on trangia,! Which clearly I’m not.:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ystranc

bgreen

Apr 6, 2016
UK
Trangia website shows 20 versions of Trangia 25 sets with various permutations of components. have a look (link below) and filter to show Trangia 25 sets (only). Once you've found the one to suit your needs a quick search on t'interweb should lead you to a supplier stocking the one you fancy. Best of luck

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

z_bumbi

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2016
Linköping, Sweden
It's trangia 25-3 or 25-4 that have a nonstick pan and the rest in alu. Difference is that the -3 dosn't have a kettle (no odd nummer does).
25-5 and 25-6 have pan and pots in non-stick.

Some say that HA pans is better as even if they in the beginning isn't as good "non-stick" over time they hold up much better. Haven' t tried this myself.

To confuse it some more I use a larger trangia pan with folding handle with my Trangia 25.... I will not carry my old and heavy stove for any longer stretches and therefore I opted for a heavier pan for easier handling and the option to use it over open fire.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Been into go outdoors to buy a 25 size trangia set with Gas burner also non stick and was told it doesn’t come with a non stick pan, is it just go outdoors or do they not do it anymore, in case someone is upto speed on trangia,! Which clearly I’m not.:(

They do exist so it must just be the sales staff at go outdoors being obtuse but you should forget the non stick pan, they don’t last and have pretty much been replaced by the HA range (hard anodised).
Instead look for the duossal pan sets, they’re more expensive but at least you can clean them properly and they’ll last forever.
There is a burner marketed by Primus which fits the Trangia and may be cheaper if bought separately.

Last edited:

shibafu

Jul 31, 2013
UK
They do exist so it must just be the sales staff at go outdoors being obtuse but you should forget the non stick pan, they don’t last and have pretty much been replaced by the HA range (hard anodised).
Instead look for the duossal pan sets, they’re more expensive but at least you can clean them properly and they’ll last forever.
There is a burner marketed by Primus which fits the Trangia and may be cheaper if bought separately.

It's good stuff, for sure. 25-21 UL/D is the set with all Duossal pans.

The "Go System GS2000" is a decent Chinese-made alternative to the Trangia gas burner at a fraction of the price.

Reactions: scruff and Ystranc

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
I have the 27 in duossal it's years old now and looks it but it's still the best cook set I've ever had and it's still my first choice every time

Reactions: Ystranc

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
I live in the USA and recently ordered the Trangia 27 cookset in Hard Anodize with some accessories direct from Trangia in Sweden. The price was good with their "Black Friday" sale and shipping was under a week to me in Texas.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
So I bought the Trangia all non stick
But I have question even though the frying pan is non stick can I should I still season it. If anyone knows or has done that please let me know or is it academic.?!
Thanks

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
Even with non-stick cookware, I need to use a light spray of oil to really be non-stick for something like eggs, assuming they are room temperature and not cold from the fridge which is even 'stickier' so, a lot more oil or grease is needed to keep them non-stick.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Beware of the go systems burner clone. Whilst I'm a fan of clones for trangia in other items not in burner the on off knob eventually starts to open by itself a gas can can empty overnight if left attached!

BTW its not just the trangia clone burner from go systems. I got a gas stove of their own design years ago and that had this problem too.

I hate to say it but the proper trangia gas conversion kit is worth the money. Although look out for deals. By chance we saw the trangia one at the same price as the cheap clone burner.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Beware of the go systems burner clone. Whilst I'm a fan of clones for trangia in other items not in burner the on off knob eventually starts to open by itself a gas can can empty overnight if left attached!

BTW its not just the trangia clone burner from go systems. I got a gas stove of their own design years ago and that had this problem too.

I hate to say it but the proper trangia gas conversion kit is worth the money. Although look out for deals. By chance we saw the trangia one at the same price as the cheap clone burner.
That’s the one I have. I have never had that issue but will keep and eye out for the Trangia gas adapter when it’s on sale. Have you noticed any performance differences between the two?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE