maxpedition gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello,

My name is Jurjen Knoester and I have organised one of the dutch bushcraftmeetings (you can find that thread in the europe meetings section.) I am saying this because the very first response I got was one of suspicion as to who I am and what my intentions where. No hard feelings about that by the way. I'm very happy that some people in this community are willing to watch our backs!

I am going to purchase some stuff from maxpedition, mainly the kodiak gearslinger pack and some other small stuff. The trick is that I can arrange for 30% discount if I purchase for more than € 500,- Because I can get it directly from an importer in Germany. Since I am not going to spend € 500,- on my own I am looking for other people who also want to buy something from maxpedition.

If you are interested, let me know. I am going to try and place my order around the 28th of this month. The downside is that it will be delivered to Holland. So any shipping costs to the UK would be added as well.

Jurjen Knoester
OutdoorTeamTraining.nl
Pauwoog 73
3892 EL, Zeewolde
0031 (0) 6-11429872
info@outdoorteamtraining.nl
www.outdoorteamtraining.nl

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
Hello,

My name is Jurjen Knoester and I have organised one of the dutch bushcraftmeetings (you can find that thread in the europe meetings section.) I am saying this because the very first response I got was one of suspicion as to who I am and what my intentions where.

Hiya Jurgen, you're welcome. The problem is that since your acount was reactivated you look like a brand new member who has only just turned up to sell stuff. we see alot of spam in a similar style.

The moderating team are happy to let this one run folks. If you click on the dutch bushcraftmeetings link you'll see that Jurjen has been a member for considerably longer, and with more posts to his credit than it first appears. But thank yous to the members who flagged this up anyway.

cheers, and.

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
Hi Jurjen,

Thanks for your offer. I have a small 'wish list' of pouches and accessories, probably about $100-$120 worth at a guess, perhaps more. That is from Maxpedition's website prices.

I'm not sure if I can spend the money until next week. My wife has a meeting this Friday and might be losing her job (due to very nasty employers) but we won't know until after. If things are OK, I can spend the money! If not, I'll be selling everything I can.

So, in anticipation of things being OK, can I ask a few questions? I think they will benefit other people as well.

1. What base prices should we use to take the 30% off? Maxpedition's $ prices on their website or something else...

2. Do we need to add VAT on, and at what percentage?

3. Is shipping from Holland to England expensive? I can't see it being more than 1st class international airmail from the USA, where I usually order from, but I have to ask.

4. Would we pay you by paypal? I assume you want payment in euros.

5. Does the distributor have everything in stock, or can they obtain everything from Maxpedition? It's probably only worth it if I can get everything in one package, otherwise the shipping costs might outweigh the benefit.

Sorry for all the questions, but money is too short not to check the details.

Thanks again,
Rick.

1. What base prices should we use to take the 30% off? Maxpedition's $ prices on their website or something else...
unfortunately the prices on www.maxpedition.com are about 2/3 of the price the same stuff will cost you in the shop in europe... That goes for both England and Holland or Germany. I have spoken tot the people from www.maxpedition.de in Germany where I will order from, they have the prices (including taxes) on their website. (I have checked with one of the supplyers in England and they have pretty much the same rate when you calculate from pounds to euro's).

2. Do we need to add VAT on, and at what percentage?
As far as I can tell the prices in Germany are including taxes so you will not need to add VAT to it.

3. Is shipping from Holland to England expensive? I can't see it being more than 1st class international airmail from the USA, where I usually order from, but I have to ask.
Shipping costs as far as I have found out:
500 gr. or less = € 6,16
500 gr - 2 kg = € 11,55

4. Would we pay you by paypal? I assume you want payment in euros.
Paypal is mostly used here I believe. I will look into that and come back on that.

5. Does the distributor have everything in stock, or can they obtain everything from Maxpedition? It's probably only worth it if I can get everything in one package, otherwise the shipping costs might outweigh the benefit.
The distributor does not have everything in stock but they say they can get almost every item. I propose calling them (they speak english) to check if they can get it. I will ship things in one go, both from the factory to me as from me to you. So there might be some delay before you get your stuf, but you will only pay transport once. I highly recommend calling the distributor to ask them wether they can deliver and what the timeframe is. They speak english and their phone number is on the site.

I think it will work out cheaper for folks in the Uk to order from somebody like Fenix.

http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/maxpedition/gear.html

Have you considered using these guys Jurjen and then just getting them to post out to you ?

I'll ask, but their website shows a very limited supply. I'm also asking maxpedition themselves over in the US... I'll keep you guys informed.
So I've asked around and I'm sticking with the german supplyer. Shipping costs to the UK are almost less than inside Holland. I'll post a couple of examples with the discount prices here:
Kodiak Gearslinger € 119,70 (P 102,83)
Condor II backpack € 97,30 (P 83,59)
Monkey combat admin pouch € 28,35 (P 24,36)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE