March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
ok we having a small comp between us then, but not counting my teaching junk...lol... :)

you know how much that weighs....hahahahahahahah

booooooooooo........... no more home brew for this 1, bummer, might get some ginger wine smashed ASAP and it might be ready, JUST!!!!!!

we shall see....

ok but whos gonna bring the scales to weigh our kit,....

hahaha,...

i know you!! ,..you'll fill your pockets with all kindsa stuff.....

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Went browsing the charity shops earlier and got a 100% Scottish wool blanket for £2.99. It's a biggy too. Perfect for in my hammock I reckon. I also got a wind-up head torch for under a tenner at Argos. Seems to work pretty well. 1 min winding gives 1 led 90 mins or 3 leds 40 mins. That should save me holding my phone in my mouth while trying to spark a fire, haha. I think all I need now is some paracord and I'll be kitted out.

you jammy bstrd lol i sent my mam out looking in the charity shops everytime she goes down toon.lol

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
just pop over for the day if you like mate, the owner would not mind at all im sure.....

ref your offer of the tent thank you very much but i allready have 1 for the boys.....

getting another mat for him to kip on this week.....

if anyone has some dry / seasoned sycamore can they bring it allong as im all out, we can use it for the bow drill.....

chris.

ne probs mate, nice one, but the offer still stands for any of the other mottly crew if they r short of kit , it just needs picking up.

cheers Andrew.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i was going to have to take my back seats out put the roof box on, load the trailer and ask for 10 strong voluntiers to help carry it all

......think i may lose the minimal comp :)

ok but whos gonna bring the scales to weigh our kit,....

hahaha,...

i know you!! ,..you'll fill your pockets with all kindsa stuff.....

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i was going to have to take my back seats out put the roof box on, load the trailer and ask for 10 strong voluntiers to help carry it all

......think i may lose the minimal comp :)

ha no sweat matey, we can help with the kit, but you can feed the camels yerself,....

we went crazy and pulled the pikup right over the field to the woods last time,...

but i wanna simulate a decent walk in this time,....

looking forward to it,...

Stu,..

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
will bring my scales, i think i can get all my kit in my jacket and day sack....lol

it will be minimal.....hahahahahahahahaha

ok new kit list water x 1, food, stove, fuel, tarp, bunggies + cord, sleeping mat, softey 6, bivvi bag, axe...... DONE!!!!!!!!!

anyway 2/3 of my weight was booz....... ;)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
stu if you want a decent walk you can go back and forth to my car to get the gear save the poor camels a job lol

chris the trailers for the booze lol

ps have we got electric hook ups for me tv,laptop,fridge and kettle no point roughing it ;)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
stu if you want a decent walk you can go back and forth to my car to get the gear save the poor camels a job lol

chris the trailers for the booze lol

ps have we got electric hook ups for me tv,laptop,fridge and kettle no point roughing it ;)

well if you speek to Stu he might bring his truck with the power invertor exstention cables and solar panals etc etc....

or you could just bring your own mile long cable and plug in at the farm......:)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i see my name as disapeared from the list im i still ok to make one in

not to worry old chap, i think the list has gone a bit "Pete Tong"........

lists are all good and well but tend to give a falce reading of how things will realy be, i have had 12 down before and for one reason or another only 3 stayed, me included......lol...... ;)

who ever turns up turns up, we will all have a chilled out time and some talking learning etc etc....

WELL LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!!!!!! :)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
well if you speek to Stu he might bring his truck with the power invertor exstention cables and solar panals etc etc....

or you could just bring your own mile long cable and plug in at the farm......:)

haha good idea about stu and his truck maybe some big spot lights so we can see what we doing in the dark and the xbox so we have something to do lol

cant wait for the weekend to be honest i think it will be my first chance to get a night in the hammock and my new dd tarp and see how cold it is with just a foam camping mat and normal sleeping bag

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ground dwell is the way forward Rich, give it a go you might just like it, you can DD in the summer when its warm and you dont really need the under quilt, will save loads of bulk......

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Stu, where we thinking of going mate? we still going to use the bit with the brick buliding remains, for the forge and bits??????

i liked the look of the pine area just West of where we were last time,...

the ground was very spongey with pine needle litter,..

and looked to be drained pretty well too,..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE