march/april canoe camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prefered dates, please only vote if you intend coming

• 28th March

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 4th April

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
I'm guessing we will be canoeing from one place to another rather than going back on to the same site. So we will be carrying our kit in the canoes. If so could you let me know because I will need to buy a couple of extra dry bags.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
1. 2 nighter 2 dayer. Fiday Meet/first night at holybush inn (tis right on the bank) between Glasbury and Hay camp in the woods there and they allow fires. But could sneak to the pub for a pre trip scan and an ale if that what people wanted. Paddle down to Monnington falls/ Preston (i think this may be the camsite alreadu mentioned) new court farm again fire allowed. this is a 19 mile leg. Next day Paddle to Hereford (about 11 miles) stop off for an early picnic lunch possible then mide afternoon finish and home (either the rowing club or Bishops meadow.

this site gives a good break down of the course

http://www.igreens.org.uk/canoeing_the_wye.htm

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
the details are in the link mate, i'll have to do asearch and all as im not sure.

just thought ive got a spare barrel you can uses well

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
I might need to borrow a bouyancy aid Stewart, unless Will is including with his spare seat.:p

My car is playing up at the moment and doesn't make good driving. Would I be able to hitch a lift with anyone. I would be able to get to a convienient location en route. And of course I would pay petrol money.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Might have to drop out of this one guys.. I might be getting shipped state-side again to help fix a couple of machines..

will know more as the week progresses..

sorry :eek:

Once you know for definite let me know - Dave was interested in coming along so if you drop out he may take your place.

Adam

I'll bring a spare bouyancy aid just in case.

I can pick you up, but I'm off visiting family after the trip so wouldn't be able to drop you off.
Theres an industrial site at the M4/M5 junction that would make a good pickup. perhaps Will could brop you off on the way back?

ATB

Stewart

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
A lift there would be excellent Stewart, thank you very much. What time were you going to go because I won't be able to get there until about 5 I'm guessing. Just say if it doesn't fit with your plans don't worry. I thought that the lay by on the roundabout on the last junction on the English side of the bridge (junction with the M49) may be easier. Google map link:-
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...9308,-2.659196&spn=0.003261,0.007939&t=h&z=17

Are hammocks allowed on both of the campsites?

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Adam ive got a PFD and Paddle for you bud, and a barrel i would think. Im sure hammock are allowed having somewhere to pitch it is another matter. I'll ring up today.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
A lift there would be excellent Stewart, thank you very much. What time were you going to go because I won't be able to get there until about 5 I'm guessing. Just say if it doesn't fit with your plans don't worry. I thought that the lay by on the roundabout on the last junction on the English side of the bridge (junction with the M49) may be easier. Google map link:-
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...9308,-2.659196&spn=0.003261,0.007939&t=h&z=17

Are hammocks allowed on both of the campsites?

Adam

Thats a bit late for me - I should be passing there at about 3 - any chance of you getting off early?

The second campsite is in an orchard so shouldn't be a problem putting a hammock up

ATB

Stewart

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
I will bring a roll mat just in case.

Doubt I will be able to get there much earlier actually Stewart, but I will confirm tomorrow.
Will - what time are you planning on leaving unless I can get a lift with Steve if he is still going.

Cheers

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
dont forget your pennies for the camp site either lads.
Ive range and spoke to the holybush inn, its still £6 per night and £1 per canoe launched.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Steve had had to drop out - too much work on. I have left a message for Dave to see if he fancies joining us.

Adam - did you have any luck getting off work early?

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
No unfortunately I can't because I have been working with someone else and get a lift from them. I have persuaded my Dad to give me a lift up, which means that I will probably arrive at about 6.30. Would it still be ok to hitch a lift back Will?

Could someone PM me their mobile number just in case I can't find you/the campsite.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Yep mate no worries with a lift back, will be going via the old mans place on the way so as long as your in no mega rush. Decked out boat today so now good to go. Ill bring the spare barrel for you to

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Adam

I can pick you up at 5 at the roundabout. I'm only leaving London early so I don't get trapped in the Friday night Exodus. I'll just kick my heels in the nearest services for an hour or so.

I'll pm you with my mobile - give me a call to confirm the arrangements.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE