Mancave

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Doesn't have to be a pole lathe... can be a spring top version which uses bungee cord and they don't take up much more room than an ordinary lathe:)

Thats what I was thinking Steve. A standard lathe setup, with a spring / bungee / pole configuration depending on whether I'm in the shop or outside.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Tommy Walsh did a nice one here is the video of the finished article.

[video=youtube;XWHpajevOa4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHpajevOa4[/video]

Hope to build my own one day, I have the space just not the funds at the moment, there was a whole series on it showing him build it from start to finish.

Tommy Walsh - what an utter t***! Why on earth would you fit a tv in your workshop?

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
The only reason to fit a tv and comfy chairs in a workshop, is knowing it will never be used as a workshop.
It's a good usable space, but too fancy for my liking. look at all the brand new and unused tools he has. Probably brought in for the day.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I remember a series a few years ago on sky, the workshop John built, some serious kit went in to that

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Just out of shot, the wood burning stove and leg vice :D

90187059177836420b2018e007810dc0.jpg

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I had/have a man cave. When we moved into our house my Mrs had the box room as an office and I had the attic room as a den. She did bugger all with hers and I laid a wooden floor and repainted mine and then bought loads of matching Ikea units and kitted the whole room out. I then got hold of some large posters and pasted them on to hardboard and then used timber to frame them up properly. The room looked superb but my Mrs got so jealous of it I had to abandon using in the end and now it is just a junk room. The moral of that story is don't make it to nice and don't spend to much time in it.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
The only reason to fit a tv and comfy chairs in a workshop, is knowing it will never be used as a workshop.
It's a good usable space, but too fancy for my liking. look at all the brand new and unused tools he has. Probably brought in for the day.

aye - brand new kit that looked like the kind of tools your average amateur would have - not high end kit like I'd expect. And why show the Bentley at all??

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE