Manbag - yes or no?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manbags as daypacks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Never mind the bag! I'm more impressed by your confidence attacking that tree with a one handed manual saw!

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I carry my Maxpedition Jumbo every day and have been fairly pleased with it.

The only problem I've encountered is that it is not what you would call 100% waterproof. In a 2.5 mile walk in heavy rain the outer pockets soaked through and their contents got wet. To be fair, the rain was sufficiently heavy that my jacket was also saturated.

And in the bag's defence, the rain skirt thingy that sinches off the main pocket did its job: the contents of the main pocket remained dry. The "gun pocket" also seemed to stay dry.

In heavy rain I would suggest ensuring electronics and paper money were relocated to one of these two pockets. Or put a poncho on over the bag.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Mine is an exact copy of the Maxpedition and cost £25 from a chazza shop.
I love mine and is my manbag for work and walkabouts. I wouldnt pay Maxpedition prices though.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Mine is an exact copy of the Maxpedition and cost £25 from a chazza shop.
I love mine and is my manbag for work and walkabouts. I wouldnt pay Maxpedition prices though.

I think yours is actually a genuine 5 11 Push Pack and you bought it from someone who hag got hold of a load of 5 11 stuff from a bankruptcy sale I know because it was me who spotted it and alerted you to it when we "went to Sweden "

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Gave up on a man bag and switched back to a day pack

got one of these on the way

should carry my map/compass set as well as my edc gear quite nicely

SNKBRG1.JPG

Does that come in different cup sizes? :rolleyes:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I have a Millican which comes to work and away for city breaks etc. It's exquisite, but it should have been at that price.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Further to my previous comment, today I had an opportunity to try my manbag under a poncho. This is where it really shines. You can pull your arms inside your poncho and access the contents of your bag without taking anything off or getting wet.

Can't do THAT with a backpack.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE