Man of tanith and Dave Bromleys fifteen or less challenge (/hopefully pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
done done and done, mixed woodland it is, should get some food there and bits from the hedges....;)

oooh yes,....

its rammed full of big fat woodies and a few collard doves,....

and on the grass bank in front of the lake is wabbit territory,...

sorry for the hijack boys,....

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
well im teaching this weekend so need quite a bit of stuff, however i will set a new challange for the better weather......

the list:-

1. Jacket
2. water bottle and water
3. knife
4. axe
5. food
6. fire steel or bow drill kit
7. cooking pot
8. sharpening stone / because its always in my pocket...:)

the idea is natural shelter and cordage, fire by friction etc etc....

what do you think gents???????

sounds good mate but jacket is free, and food and water count as 1 item so by my count your list is down to 6! which is very impressive i'll be interested to see the photo's of this one!!

Dave

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
If you're taking food, you might as well have a tin of something and utilise that as a cookpot. That cuts another thing off the list.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Off out later today, as soon as my boy gets home from school. Back Sunday afternoon. Will try and get pics on here as soon as I can. Been raining all morning so in for a soggy start. Received THIS yesterday so can't wait to put it to work. May have a few last minute changes to my packing list, but will confirm when I post pics. Taking full allotment of 15 items, plus the freebies. Forecast -2 saturday night, not extreme I know but like to be comfortable.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
I know phone is for emergency but couldn't resist sending update. Wonders of technology! Walked couple of miles, in the rain, set up in the rain, and got fire going in the rain! Got tarp up and organised and it Stopped. Had jackets, cheese and hot dogs for supper. My boy is tucked up asleep already, I'm watching the fire with the occasional slug of JD. Marvelous. Moon is enormous and bright. Apparently gets closest tomorrow. Starting to get chilly, looking forward to getting into army issue arctic bag! Cosey. Cheers.

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
I am a great fan of testing myself. I was homeless for a long time with only the clothes i had for 3 months in winter. I occasionally go away for a few weeks with the same stuff i had while homeless.
i'm going on a two week trek on monday with;

1. Laplander folding saw
2. Mora clipper
3. DD poncho
4. Ferro rod
5. Water bottle
6. Canteen cup
7. Wool blanket
8. Food
9. Bible
Have my phone so will try to take pics. Also have tobacco and lighter, which is free? Will only use lighter if can't get fire going but will say if i use it for fire. Can my bible be free? I'll throw any other piece of kit to fit it in.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE