Making my own 'Woodlore Knife' ...Help!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
I have sifted through the endless threads on knifes, and I cant find any which can tell me where to get hold of a blade which is the same shape as a woodlore knife blade, so that I can fit my own handle....and for much cheaper!! Can anyone help at all? I have found similar shapes, but none close enough!!

Please Help!!

Stevo

leon-1

Stuart Marsh used to sell his knife in kit form on e-bay (they are very similair), it may be worth getting in touch with him to see if he will supply you with a blade only.

There is also the option of asking Paul Baker of Bushman UK if he will do a blade only option for you.

Other options are to go for something like the Fallkniven F1 as blade only and make one of those. You could also try asking on BB if someone will make one for you (blade only as well).

Then there is the option of buying the steel from Cromwell or RS and grinding it out, heat treating and making your own blade.

All of the above options would probably be cheaper than buying a woodlore, and if you type the names into the search facility you will be able to get most of the information that you require as far as contact details or websites that hold them are concerned.

I hope this will be of use to you:)

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
Thanks alot guys......... and yes.......I do mean exactly the same. I have used one a number of times, and feel it works really well for me for carving etc. I'll seek out some of these places.....cheers...

Steveo

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
stevo said:
I have sifted through the endless threads on knifes, and I cant find any which can tell me where to get hold of a blade which is the same shape as a woodlore knife blade, so that I can fit my own handle....and for much cheaper!! Can anyone help at all? I have found similar shapes, but none close enough!!

Please Help!!

Stevo

I can grind you out a blank like the one on ebay (Only mine would be ray mears "style") :D , I only have 3mm stock at the moment though. I think the real woodlore is 4mm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE