making kit lighter and more compact.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I was moaning to my mate about the weight of water that I carried on a long backpacking trip, but he's saved the day. He's from Limerick and he sold me some locally made dehydrated water pills, only £10 for 5, you just add water...Hey! hang on a minute, Dave, Dave.... where's he gone?? :lmao: :lmao:

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
:D Love it! Dehydrated water indeed!! Dead sneaky these advertising men, I see they slipped in the "add on sachet to 3 litres of water" which spoilt it a bit..:lmao:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Not having been keen on the weight and bulk of carried water got me interested in water filtering and desalination, meaning that I could drink from any water which I paddled on.

I know of several trips which were brought to an end when potable water ran out, the ability to filter or desalinate available water can really reduce the weight in your pack.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
at scouts recently we hit on an idea to lighten any load considerably. attach helium filled baloons to the backpack, untill the upwards pull cancels out the weight. then carry your weightless bag wherever you like. :p
we quickly spotted several major flaws in the plan, but would still love to try it.

a slightly more serious Idea was stashing gear at the place we regulaly camp, as we where there two weekends in a row. again never happened, as there was so little gear to stash, but it could be a consideration if you regualy camp in the same spot. (maybe some kind of buried cache or something?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE