Makers Marks

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Not sure if this is the right place or if it belongs in Chatter, but let's see...

I'm a designer by trade and I'm working on developing a makers mark for myself. I see a lot of makers marks on here and I thought it'd be interesting if you'd like to share their origins.

For example, Dave Budd covers his development on his website and as a designerI found it really interesting.

So, where did yours come from?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
the alphabet, mine is just a letter K in a small circle - nice and simple and easily recognisable

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Mines as my avatar - I've been know as G4 for years and the logo just evolved....... I wanted something clean and memorable.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Cheers guys, keep them coming. I've been researching my home town and looking into some old english, which has been quite interesting by itself. The way I see it, since what I want to make is 'traditional', the mark deserves it!

well the center Icon is a stylised Half Holly leaf and half Rowan leaf which are my kids names the Spline curve matches the front of my scales

ive put them in a H&S yellow triangle as i was making a HSE sign for sharp blades as a bit of a gimmick

DWBsmll.jpg

I was going to use the sharp blades actual HSE Icon but removes it as i think my logo does depict sharp n pointy ;)

Backlogo2.gif

a modified version for the Bush Key
BK logo2.jpg

if i get round to actually marking blades it will just be the leaf Icon on its own no triangle but as its expensive so at the moment i haven't bothered

ATB

Duncan

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Mine is probably self explanortory, my initials and the TeePee describing each other, works in French as well and it comes with a subtle message from the native peoples who took/take only what they needed from the land with simple tools and techniques passed through the generations, very early bushcrafters I suppose.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
When I had my own company I spent months coming up with a name. I wanted something japanese sounding purely to be a conversation starter really. In the end I took to googling japanese sounding words to see what would come up.

I settled on 'Kobuko'

Why? This: Screen shot 2011-10-06 at 15.55.04.jpg

Needless to say, the recession hit almost on the day I went limited and I had to close up 3 years later, probably 2 years too late. But thems the breaks.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i just went with my initials on mine, nice and simple and easy to reconise, the actual name is LB, leather and sons.
kerne desighed mine for me, which i'm eteranley greatfull for, as without him i would still be trying to find the right one now.
thanks again bud.
take care
lee.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE