Magnum Panther boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I was thinking of treating myself to some new boots.
The Magnum Panther boot, with side zip, to be precise.

Anyone esle have these? I'm particularly drawn to the side zip - I like the idea but wondered if anyone'd had problems with them?

Just for clarification - I'm looking for feedback on these specific boots, not looking for alternative recommendations.

Cheers.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had some Magnums (I cannot recall the model) with side zips and they were very comfortable.
Unfortunately the zips died (the actual tape the teeth are on wore out) long before the rest of the boots were anywhere near worn out...

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I had some Magnums (I cannot recall the model) with side zips and they were very comfortable.
Unfortunately the zips died (the actual tape the teeth are on wore out) long before the rest of the boots were anywhere near worn out...

How long had you had them, and how much had you used them?
Would you say the zip went before its time, or that you'd got fair use out of them?
Thanks for the response.

Simon (CopShopUK)

Mar 1, 2011
Kent
Hello,

We've had decent feedback on the Panther, despite it being at the bargain end of the Magnum range.

No reported problems with the zips either. Some of their ex-styles with zips a few years back now did have quality issues, but these all seem to have been resolved.

My colleague wrote a little bit about the Magnum Panther the other day for our blog (the non-zip style mind you, but they're essentially the same)

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello,

We've had decent feedback on the Panther, despite it being at the bargain end of the Magnum range.

No reported problems with the zips either. Some of their ex-styles with zips a few years back now did have quality issues, but these all seem to have been resolved.

My colleague wrote a little bit about the Magnum Panther the other day for our blog (the non-zip style mind you, but they're essentially the same)

How is the sizing on these? Generous or tight?

I have a whole array of shoes/boots etc., of which some are 9 and some 9 1/2 - that's why I'm nercous of buying footwear online without having an opportunity to try on first.

But these look quite tempting.

Best Wishes
David

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I have a pair. worn out now but no probs with zip at all. Got loads of use before sole wore down. Very comfortable, silent and easy wearing.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
How long had you had them, and how much had you used them?
Would you say the zip went before its time, or that you'd got fair use out of them?
Thanks for the response.

I love my Magnums and have used loads of different models - usually getting them as soon as they hit the market so I may have had a pair with unresolved issues that were later upgraded :)
I would say that on the pair in question I had a reasonable amount of use out of them - but not as much as I would have hoped for compared to other models without zips....
I am very hard on footwear generally destroying one or two pairs of boots per year ...I live in boots and wear them for everything from stomping through the woods and hills to shopping and church-going, watching TV (slippers - what are they?) to playing with my forge :)
More often than not I will be found to be wearing Magnums of some sort (at this very moment I am wearing a pair of Spiders) and I love the Amazons - currently owning 3 pairs!

Simon (CopShopUK)

Mar 1, 2011
Kent
How is the sizing on these? Generous or tight?

I have a whole array of shoes/boots etc., of which some are 9 and some 9 1/2 - that's why I'm nercous of buying footwear online without having an opportunity to try on first.

But these look quite tempting.

Best Wishes
David

In our experience they seem to be pretty much the same sizing as most other Magnum styles, which occasionally some people can find a little on the narrow side.
(If you have particularly wide feet you might want to consider the Stealth Force range, they come up a tiny bit wider.)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I did find some Magnum Panthers and tried them on.
I found them very narrow and tight - you definitely need a size bigger.
But when I saw the Panthers 'in the flesh' I didn't really like them at all.
Instead I bought some Blackhawk Warrior Desert Ops in coyote tan.
They are, without doubt, the best boots I have ever worn. They are so comfortable, straight out of the box - no 'wearing in'. I can't praise these boots enough. Ok, so they're more than the Magnum boots, but they are a million times better. I couldn't imagine buying any other boots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE