MagiKellys Tarps / Hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
I was laying in my Hammock under my Hex Tarp thinking what a top bloke MagiKelly has been for his group buys.

Though I could probaly count the number of photos, that have appeared on here, on one hand, so lets see your phots.

Well here you go, this was mine at The Jokers wood ;)

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Sorry Phil i don't have one of MagiKellys hammocks but i do have a Hennessy.

Here it is while i was at Wayne's meet with the addition of a poncho as a porch and storage area, this set up worked very well in the rain we had. I will use this set up again providing the trees allow it.

p20300020dx.jpg

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
Mine is roughly the same as MagiKellys, but I bought my own of an ebay trader a good while ago. You have got some baggy tarps there guys and should try either the guy line tensioners or the clamcleats to keep it nice and tight (no offense meant).

9034177f.jpg

d0bc0908.jpg

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Nicely times posts. I am, for my sins, about to post the Fourth Hammock Group Buy thread and the insect netting one is ongoing. I am also looking at 3 x 3m square tarps but that can wait a while.

Glad to see the hammocks are getting used. I did always find the Hennessy a superb piece of engineering and very comfy to sleep in but I prefer the openness of the traditional hammock as well as being easier to use as a seat. Any time I tried to use the HH as a seat I felt I would break the ridge line and on one occasion did.

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
Hi MK........

re HH ridge line do what I did. cut the ridgeline, doesnt matter where. tie a loop in bothends [small ones] and insert a smal c'bneer [or two] in between. Then if you want to sit just put up the hammock as normal then undo the ridgeline.

If you want to make some tensioners the I posted this here.... a how to:

http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1343

...... . I might repost it here if I have the time

Lard.... that's a nice cat tarp, do you have contact, for future reference?

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
If the square tarps are going to made from the same or similar material to the Hex then I would be interested.

The hex packs up relatively small and is fairly light and is made from a ripstop material.

The pockets for the cord is a nice feature, John what are the snap type hooks for on the corners.

The only negative part I found is the cord, its pants, got some nice bright green para cord from an American evilbayer.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Heres my setup using Magikelly's group buy hammock and a 3mts x 2.5 mts Kathmandu trekking ultralight basha.

86854074_24a3ec20cc.jpg

PS this was taken just after i started to take it down and decided i should take a photo so quickly put it back up again, hence why the ridge line is a little drooped. :eek:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Well here was my set up with the Hex Fly this Friday night, I used two walking poles for a lean-to affect. If the weather was raining I would have shortened the poles so the rain would not have collected.

pete1.jpg

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Not one of John's Tarps, (I wanted a cotton one) but one of his Hammocks at the recent Scottish meet.

The temperature was about 5 below and most of the cloth gear was crisp with ice.

Had a comfortable night in a Buffalo bag and a blanket thrown over the top.

Attachments

• Scotmeet.jpg
    Scotmeet.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 256

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Phil562 said:
If the square tarps are going to made from the same or similar material to the Hex then I would be interested.

The hex packs up relatively small and is fairly light and is made from a ripstop material.

The pockets for the cord is a nice feature, John what are the snap type hooks for on the corners.

The only negative part I found is the cord, its pants, got some nice bright green para cord from an American evilbayer.

The weights quoted seem to match the Hex Fly but it feels much stronger and packs bigger. I will have to check with scales. There is no pockets in the corners, which is a shame as it is a brilliant idea.

The cord on the Hex fly seems to be not as good as it used to be. My original had what I consider to be a good cord but I saw the cord on one of the recent ones and it did not seem as good.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Tried my group buy system as a first time hammockeer last night and it felt like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :)

Brownlee_5.jpg

Brownlee_6.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE