made a unique paracord id badge lanyard with skull

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
117.jpg

115.jpg

This lanyard consists entirely of two 10' strands of paracord with the exception of the small blue turks head just above the bottom knot. First, the two strands are doubled and the 4 strand round braid is made in a line to about 25". Then it is folded over and one of the four strands is forced through a bight in the end of the round braid, bringing them together to form the main neck loop resulting in 4 working strands (thanks kcardwell!). The 4 strands are used in the manrope knot; next is the all yellow knot around a core of the two blue strands (#790 "four-lead diamond knot" p. 142 of the Ashley Book of knots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEAixlTHgWM)
Finally, another manrope knot (how to in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyoLpz5IvtI)!
This was a lot of work! The skull is cool, and quite large and heavy; I decided to do this lanyard with intact paracord strands. Yes, this results in a pretty substantial sized piece of work, but this skull piece justifies it IMO.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That looks great mate, a little substantial like you say, but i admire the effort and the work you have put in.

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
This is going to sound daft (to any sane person and to anyone who doesn't work in the public sector).

I've been trying to do something similar - but I'm not allowed to wear at work UNLESS it separates under medium pressure. They're worried about people trying to strangle NHS employees with our own lanyards.

Can anyone recommend a knot I can put at the back of the neck that holds under normal circumstances but deliberately separates if someone tries to garrotte me?

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
And yes - I know that people could just take hold of the two ends that have just come away in their hands and still do me in. But the NHS would be happy with that.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
And yes - I know that people could just take hold of the two ends that have just come away in their hands and still do me in. But the NHS would be happy with that.

you can just do a slip knot; tied really tight. with paracord it will hold but come loose with a good tug. another option is to overlap the ends a bit and whipp them together. practice and test the length and tightness of whip to get desired pull apart pressure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE